Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1164944 times)

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5010 on: September 14, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
Rod I think you might have a problem. ;)
Not stuck in the 60's

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: September 14, 2020, 05:11:15 PM »
Somewhat off topic but ... garage shelving to stash all my shoes.
As I explained in the blog post, sick of dedicated shoe racks not being wide enough to accommodate shoes in pairs so I found the perfect solution:

That's a relief... I was afraid I was buying too many pairs... ;D

Full details on the blog.
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: September 15, 2020, 07:33:33 AM »
I mentioned on the blog there are about ten more pairs with specialty uses which didnít make it to the rack. I know I shouldnít tempt fate but I canít really see that I need any more shoes and tight
Now canít think of any more that I want to get. Thereís a broad range of styles and formalities there so I hope all eventualities are covered.

(But if Meermin does one of their choose-your-leather-and-sole deals with penny loafers I could see myself getting red, green, blue ...)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: September 15, 2020, 09:55:39 AM »
I mentioned on the blog there are about ten more pairs with specialty uses which didnít make it to the rack. I know I shouldnít tempt fate but I canít really see that I need any more shoes and tight
Now canít think of any more that I want to get. Thereís a broad range of styles and formalities there so I hope all eventualities are covered.

(But if Meermin does one of their choose-your-leather-and-sole deals with penny loafers I could see myself getting red, green, blue ...)

We try to rationalize clobber/footwear purchases, but it's undeniable a (un)healthy dose of impulsive buying is involved  ;D

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
Yeah over on Styleforum there was fella who every month would invite posters to join the ĎNo Purchase Clubí and commit to not buying anything for the month. If you broke you had to post your confession. I used to take part ... with partial success!
My plan for 2020 was to get all my purchases out of the way the first couple of months then sit back and watch my bank balance grow for the rest of the year. Again - partial success!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: September 15, 2020, 12:30:16 PM »

We try to rationalize clobber/footwear purchases, but it's undeniable a (un)healthy dose of impulsive buying is involved  ;D

My weakness seems to be chelsea boots. Just received another pair this past weekend:

(Not technically a "chelsea", because it has a side zip)

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: September 15, 2020, 01:42:32 PM »
@DetroitMike, I recall Brooks Brothers did a Peal and Co Chelsea boot a while back, did you grab a par or recall these? I always thought those were some of the best looking pair of Chelseas...I only have one pair myself, a Hardy Amies/Clarks collaboration ....
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 03:58:55 PM by BrianB »
Initials B.B.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: September 15, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »
@DetroitMike, I recall Brooks Brothers did a Peal and Co Chelsea boot a while back, did you grab a par or recall these? I always thought those were some of the best looking part of Chelsea...I only have one pair myself, a Hardy Amies/Clarks collaboration ....
Yes I do own a pair those too, Brian. They are a really nice looking boot. I had a pair of Loakes a while back, but the "Peal"ones are "heads" above those Loakes.

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: September 15, 2020, 04:02:08 PM »
Truly envious, I always think about them and kick myself for not getting a pair. Really just a fantastic boot.
Initials B.B.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: September 16, 2020, 07:42:23 PM »
Truly envious, I always think about them and kick myself for not getting a pair. Really just a fantastic boot.

These aren't the Peal made, but they are well made Italian and are a decent price:
https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Leather-Chelsea-Boots/MH00533,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00533_Color=BLCK&contentpos=4&cgid=0522