Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 811898 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #5630 on: September 07, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »
Butting in here - I have the paper thin Uniqlo three patch myself and it definitely comes up short. Which makes it a less formal jacket to me.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: September 07, 2017, 01:37:32 PM »
No mate you dive in. I agree but as I mentioned I am a short arse whereas you look way taller than me. BTW Saw you on THE TUBE the other night watching that final TV slot by The Jam!!

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: September 07, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
Haha brilliant. Got to dig that out again soon.
Last week I met up with my band mates - first time we've all been in the same spot in over thirty years. We recreated a couple of photos from those days the way the Beatles did on their two greatest hits LPs. MIGHT post them up on the blog one of these days!

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: September 07, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »
Butting in here - I have the paper thin Uniqlo three patch myself and it definitely comes up short. Which makes it a less formal jacket to me.

Yeah I've never found myself that comfortable in bum freezer jackets - that said, still a good bit of clobber for the money!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: September 07, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »
I get you mate. Thing is for me is that I am constantly worried about a jacket looking too long so for once I put one on in the shop and felt totally happy from the off without need for additional tailoring or alteration.

ROD It was great spotting you in the crowd. What a fantastic memory. I was at two of the final five gigs they did at Wembley but the telly one would have been brilliant to be at
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:19:18 PM by Martin G »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: September 07, 2017, 04:18:51 PM »
Adding my 2 cents to the Uqlo jacket discussion: I agree with Martin, what can look somehow wrong on a taller chap is just what looks right on my small frame, in fact, I'm tired of trying on jackets that look like a short coat on me! Even my bespoke jackets, while not bumfreezers, are slightly shorter than usual, matching the proportions of the body. So when I received the Uqlo number, truth is I found its length adequate. In fact, my only trouble with it is trying to keep the lapels in their place, given the flimsy fabric.

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: September 14, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
Due to a combination of work, holidays and training to cycle from London to Paris, I've not posted a great deal recently.

Just a couple from the last few months:

I've posted a few details about this ride on the cycling sub forum, but hey, I was in lycra for 4 days at the start of this month so it's still relevant here :-) A celebration pic of me and my mates having finished riding from London to Paris over 4 days.

Me & the good lady enjoying the view on holiday in the Dordogne. Apologies for the unbuttoned top button but it was damn hot and we'd walked a few miles to get to the top.

Waiting for lunch...Ralph Lauren pop over (no Pony logo on this one) and cheap Specsavers prescription sunglasses.

Park & Ride French style...

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: September 14, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »
Due to a combination of work, holidays and training to cycle from London to Paris, I've not posted a great deal recently.

Just a couple from the last few months:

I've posted a few details about this ride on the cycling sub forum, but hey, I was in lycra for 4 days at the start of this month so it's still relevant here :-) A celebration pic of me and my mates having finished riding from London to Paris over 4 days.

Me & the good lady enjoying the view on holiday in the Dordogne. Apologies for the unbuttoned top button but it was damn hot and we'd walked a few miles to get to the top.

Waiting for lunch...Ralph Lauren pop over (no Pony logo on this one) and cheap Specsavers prescription sunglasses.

Park & Ride French style...

La Dordogne, tres beau endroit! The madras popover is very nice too, but what I'm curious about are the shades in the second pic, I'd swear they're a pair of Ray Ban Clubmasters. Funny cos' I've just bought the Clubmasters with prescription lenses (not tinted).

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: September 14, 2017, 07:45:18 PM »
Clubmasters have the tortoiseshell plastic brow bar innit?

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: September 15, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »
La Dordogne, tres beau endroit! The madras popover is very nice too, but what I'm curious about are the shades in the second pic, I'd swear they're a pair of Ray Ban Clubmasters. Funny cos' I've just bought the Clubmasters with prescription lenses (not tinted).
[/quote]

They are similar to Clubmasters, but are dead stock by an unknown maker that I picked up from American Apparel 5 or 6 years ago.