Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1201234 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #5800 on: April 11, 2018, 12:07:55 PM »
Nice one Rod. I'd be thrown by the 'Bohemian Chic' thing but you seemed easy settled in with the others but still with a nod to your own style. Looks a great time too with the singing and stuff. I too was invited to bring a guitar last year to a wedding and have a bit of a 'Jam' and we too bashed out a version of That's Entertainment.

ADAM: I love a cardi as you well know but the bottom to the top variety usually is worn as is without anything underneath but you pull that off for definite mate. That'll be one of yours I'm guessing. Recognise the shirt as I have one myself.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: April 11, 2018, 12:39:07 PM »
Thanks all.  I know what you mean about the top to bottom buttoning thing with no shirt underneath but I kinda also like a shirt under a crew neck jumper too which is a similar vibe to this idea, kind of.  :o

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: April 11, 2018, 06:20:39 PM »
Cheers Martin.
Some of the people were ridiculously talented. One husband and wife act do the entire ‘Suite Judy Blue Eyes’ (Crosby Stills and Nash at Woodstock). Highlights for me were a rendition of ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ patterned after the Tom Petty / Geoff Lynne / Prince version (if you haven’t seen that, a tribute to George Harrison, I strongly urge you to look on YouTube and bask in the glory of Prince’s solo!) and the finale which was a super heavy version of The Doors’ ‘Roadhouse Blues’ before it all had to switch back to acoustics to avoid the police shutting it down.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: April 12, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »
Fantastic stuff mate. Love that CSN track and have attempted it (poorly) with pals myself. I am familiar with the Harrison tribute thing with Prince yep the fella was outstanding. Saw him a number of times and rated him highly. Blimey yeah acoustic is the way forward at a wedding for definite mate.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: May 17, 2018, 10:58:28 AM »
Well, I really wish there'll be lots of pics to follow mine in this thread, hope this ain't the last contribution in spite of GDPR:

Glorious sunny morning here. The only new garment is the cap (more on it in the "Last thing you've bougth" thread)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5805 on: May 17, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
Love it all mate. My only reticence would be light trousers with a light jacket but perhaps that is just me. Dark trousers or even dark denims, considering this is a casual Summer outfit and not at all 'Clarkson', would be my preference. Top stuff mate.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: May 17, 2018, 03:34:59 PM »
Love it all mate. My only reticence would be light trousers with a light jacket but perhaps that is just me. Dark trousers or even dark denims, considering this is a casual Summer outfit and not at all 'Clarkson', would be my preference. Top stuff mate.

Cheers, Martin. These are the first hot days here, so I wanted to go for a through and through summer outfit, I agree the jacket would have worked right with darker trousers either. BTW, those Uniqlo light jackets are a blessing in our weather, I hope they offer something along those lines this season, a striped one would be great.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: May 17, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
You look very dapper there Snr Greenstreet , very dapper indeed . I have those sunglasses also but I'm with Mart on the trousers thing , personally I don't think l would get away with those trousers.It was sunny here today too and l could have done with yer bunnet as l had left home without one. .

Might l ask what that interesting building behind you is. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: May 17, 2018, 11:01:45 PM »
Like a 60s TV henchman lyin' in wait fur John Steed or Simon Templar.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:26:21 AM by The Laird of Enfield »

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: May 18, 2018, 01:56:41 AM »
Is that the Uniqlo jacket Syd?

I got the gray seersucker last year for about $20.

Recently also got them in navy and petrol blue at a very reasonable price. I’m in North Carolina now but on my way from home down to the airport I swung by the tailor in Tampa to pick them up so they’re in my Jeep at the airport nownwaitingnfor mwnto bring them home tomorrow. Had the third button hole added, sleeves shortened and vents closed. Alterations cost more than the jackets! They are paper thin mind and will wear like a shirt jacket rather than a blazer (zero construction, padding or lining). The only trouble is that it’s rarely cold enough to need a jacket so these will be fighting for attention along with a couple of monkey jackets, a couple of Harrington’s, a couple of ice cream jackets, a couple of denim jackets and a few blazers for the rare days when I feel like I need a second layer.