Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1014234 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #5800 on: April 11, 2018, 12:07:55 PM »
Nice one Rod. I'd be thrown by the 'Bohemian Chic' thing but you seemed easy settled in with the others but still with a nod to your own style. Looks a great time too with the singing and stuff. I too was invited to bring a guitar last year to a wedding and have a bit of a 'Jam' and we too bashed out a version of That's Entertainment.

ADAM: I love a cardi as you well know but the bottom to the top variety usually is worn as is without anything underneath but you pull that off for definite mate. That'll be one of yours I'm guessing. Recognise the shirt as I have one myself.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: April 11, 2018, 12:39:07 PM »
Thanks all.  I know what you mean about the top to bottom buttoning thing with no shirt underneath but I kinda also like a shirt under a crew neck jumper too which is a similar vibe to this idea, kind of.  :o

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: April 11, 2018, 06:20:39 PM »
Cheers Martin.
Some of the people were ridiculously talented. One husband and wife act do the entire ‘Suite Judy Blue Eyes’ (Crosby Stills and Nash at Woodstock). Highlights for me were a rendition of ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ patterned after the Tom Petty / Geoff Lynne / Prince version (if you haven’t seen that, a tribute to George Harrison, I strongly urge you to look on YouTube and bask in the glory of Prince’s solo!) and the finale which was a super heavy version of The Doors’ ‘Roadhouse Blues’ before it all had to switch back to acoustics to avoid the police shutting it down.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: April 12, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »
Fantastic stuff mate. Love that CSN track and have attempted it (poorly) with pals myself. I am familiar with the Harrison tribute thing with Prince yep the fella was outstanding. Saw him a number of times and rated him highly. Blimey yeah acoustic is the way forward at a wedding for definite mate.