Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1198142 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #5950 on: September 28, 2018, 07:59:32 AM »
Cheers lads. I had a bit of a result too. I had some to-ing and fro-ing with the seller of the specs and I ended up with a 15 refund so cost was 35!!

@Simon Great movie BTW and I will admit people often call me a 'Lemon' (With one M though)
@Laird I think as we've all discussed in the past I much prefer the sort of 60s Spy look at my age than Weller in the WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG video so if I am even half managing that I'm content.

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: September 28, 2018, 08:12:42 AM »
Smart them Martin

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: September 28, 2018, 09:14:28 AM »
Cheers Mark. Was well pleased especially at the cost I have ended up getting them for. Seen a pair on eBay too. Only 20 but a bit scratched but still decent and a pair I would likely have gone for previously.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: September 28, 2018, 09:59:43 AM »

Here are the glasses I nabbed recently. Size and fit seems alright to me. Never done the old photo in mirror thing so have reversed it as seeing the DR NO poster back to front jarred me a little. Anyhow aside from the new, old, glasses I have on a vintage Gordon Scott hopsack blazer and a tried and tested M&S roll neck. (Oh yeah! And a freshly shorn Barnet!)

You've done a great deal with these shades, Martin. Not only hey suit you to a T (proportions look right, and I concur with Simon and the Laird, you look like a bloke right out of a 60s spy caper), but it's also a great purchase at just 35 sterling!

BTW last evening I was listening precisely to the "Dr. No" soundtrack, a spanish reissue that includes the first Byron Lee's LP as a bonus.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: September 28, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »
Cheers mate. 35 very happy. No need for me to 'rub out' anyone given my licence to kill. That soundtrack sounds good mate. One of my faves of the series too.

ianeggbert

• Vintage becoming veteran
    • View Profile
    • The Acoustic Egg Box
« Reply #5955 on: September 29, 2018, 03:26:58 AM »
Great look there Martin. Loving the shades mate
It's not the cost of the suit that counts, it's the worth of the man inside it

Twitter: @IanPople1

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: September 29, 2018, 05:03:03 PM »
Cheers lads. I had a bit of a result too. I had some to-ing and fro-ing with the seller of the specs and I ended up with a 15 refund so cost was 35!!

@Simon Great movie BTW and I will admit people often call me a 'Lemon' (With one M though)
@Laird I think as we've all discussed in the past I much prefer the sort of 60s Spy look at my age than Weller in the WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG video so if I am even half managing that I'm content.

Wi' the 15 saved ye kin buy some gloves tae avoid leavin' fingerprints oan yir gun or when crackin' open safes, etc.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: September 29, 2018, 08:37:41 PM »
Good call Laird. I'm on that!

ianeggbert

• Vintage becoming veteran
    • View Profile
    • The Acoustic Egg Box
« Reply #5958 on: October 21, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »
Evening all,

Last week's trip to Venice was amazing and the recently purchased cord, 3-button M&S E-Bay bargain got its maiden voyage. Along with the  Uniqlo black long-sleeved merino polo, it was as close to a Benjamin Braddock look as I'm likely to get without spending a fortune. In fact, the bottle of wine cost more than those two items I think!

It's not the cost of the suit that counts, it's the worth of the man inside it

Twitter: @IanPople1

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: October 21, 2018, 07:24:46 PM »
Evening all,

Last week's trip to Venice was amazing and the recently purchased cord, 3-button M&S E-Bay bargain got its maiden voyage. Along with the  Uniqlo black long-sleeved merino polo, it was as close to a Benjamin Braddock look as I'm likely to get without spending a fortune. In fact, the bottle of wine cost more than those two items I think!

Deeply jealous, Ian, but don't worry, you look like a  million bucks (the approximate cost of that wine bottle at Venice prices, I guess)