Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1446163 times)

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #6370 on: January 06, 2020, 01:58:38 PM »
I'm a small chest, but I have to size so far up that then all the other areas (neck, shoulder etc...) are too large.  I like JTG shirts but it still amazes me people can fit into them.  Must be a lot of skinny guys with mike Tyson necks out there.
Not stuck in the 60's

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: January 09, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: January 09, 2020, 04:50:16 PM »
Beautiful jacket, Steve, and the matching with accessoires and shirt is superb

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: January 20, 2020, 03:52:11 PM »
The other night at a party where the next best dressed man wore a t shirt and jeans.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: January 20, 2020, 04:37:50 PM »
The other night at a party where the next best dressed man wore a t shirt and jeans.

Tie is a belter.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6375 on: January 20, 2020, 05:13:19 PM »

Then, sadly, no one to appreciate your effort, Adam. Interesting 50s-looking jacket there, very much atunned to your usual style. As the Laird said, tie is a beauty (maybe we've seen it here before?) . I'd have choosen a plain but more contrasting tie (even a black one to match with the piping, though it may evoke funereal associations, or a midnight blue one). Anyway, no challenge for you defeating a t-shirt dandy  ;)

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: January 24, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »
Two great pics!

Love that pocket square Steve, jacket looks superb

Adam - great 50s styling, superb tie

8)

Getdeeper

• View Profile
    • Mod Ghosts
« Reply #6377 on: January 24, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »

There's something eternally satisfying, courageous and deeply Mod about demonstrating sartorial leadership in a sea of 'building site casual'.  Top marks.

I would possibly have gone with a plain white shirt to maintain the contrast. I adore the tie, especially with that collar shape.
MOD GHOSTS
Revisiting the places and the faces
Full colour hardback book available now

Getdeeper

• View Profile
    • Mod Ghosts
« Reply #6378 on: January 24, 2020, 07:09:18 PM »

Here's a snap from a promotional photo shoot for the book. The colours aren't particularly true so this is a charcoal tweedy 6 x 2 DB sports jacket, white PS, midnight blue trousers, deep brown suede lace-up ankle boots, a white BD Oxford and a sapphire blue tie with brown detailing.

Please excuse the painfully self-aware pose and facial expression. There's evidently a fine line between cool and moody (what I aimed for) and bloody miserable with a deformed leg (what I achieved).
MOD GHOSTS
Revisiting the places and the faces
Full colour hardback book available now

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: January 25, 2020, 01:23:35 PM »

Here's a snap from a promotional photo shoot for the book. The colours aren't particularly true so this is a charcoal tweedy 6 x 2 DB sports jacket, white PS, midnight blue trousers, deep brown suede lace-up ankle boots, a white BD Oxford and a sapphire blue tie with brown detailing.

Please excuse the painfully self-aware pose and facial expression. There's evidently a fine line between cool and moody (what I aimed for) and bloody miserable with a deformed leg (what I achieved).

I'd seen that picture before, Andy, you look cooler than moodier to me, mate. DB suits are tricky to pull off in style. I've read you're quite tall and that definitely helps! Thumbs up from me, pal: a charcoal/grey suit, white shirt/white hankie and dotted navy tie are items that should belong in ANY wardrobe, you can't fail with them and obviously you don't here.