Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1933315 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #6510 on: August 13, 2020, 07:11:01 PM »
Hi fella's been a while. Been really unwell with a Covid type illness for about 4 months. The face fungus came about from a challenge between a few mates during lock-down..6 of us kicked off in April all clean shaven and baby-faced. There's now just two of us left and neither wants to quit now..My good lady hated it from the outset but quite likes it now  ;)

Having not had the opportunity to leave the house (well for 10 weeks that was physically impossible) I've kind of had a bit of a style change re-boot. Much more laid back & casual, in fact I haven't put a tie on in 9 months now and no longer own a single suit :-[

I'll see if I can post up a little more as and when I can but this is one from about a month ago when my hair was at its longest..managed to go 7 months without a trim  ;D

102906775_3284073848278630_3228259581668075100_o

Quite a contrast from the "old" Steve, but a laid back approach can be equally stylish if well done, and Steve knows his onions. Curious about where this evolution leads to

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: August 14, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »
Pleased to hear you're ok Steve.

Last two days trying to keep cool with couple of holiday shirts.

Cotton/Linen Cubavera (massive alteration to get it to fit) with Navy sta prest.
Old 60s beach type shirt ( looks like my pyjamas ) with Beige sta prest.

The "pyjama" one I'd wear (and not as a pyjama), but I'd rather dispense with the pockets. Where's the Doppiaa polo, btw?  ;D

Doppiaa hasn't been worn yet.  strangely there hasn't been anywhere to wear it to recently..

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: August 15, 2020, 11:10:02 AM »

Cotton/Linen Cubavera (massive alteration to get it to fit) with Navy sta prest.

The "pyjama" one I'd wear (and not as a pyjama), but I'd rather dispense with the pockets. Where's the Doppiaa polo, btw?  ;D

Doppiaa hasn't been worn yet.  strangely there hasn't been anywhere to wear it to recently..

Feel your pain, Adam, situation's getting worse here by the day too. Congrats on the store makeover, it looks the b***cks!! Hope this mess is over one day soon and I can pay a visit to your style emporium  8)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: August 15, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »

Feel your pain, Adam, situation's getting worse here by the day too. Congrats on the store makeover, it looks the b***cks!! Hope this mess is over one day soon and I can pay a visit to your style emporium  8)
Next year hermano , l predict we go back to normal next year , not new normal but normal as in even better than it was before the house arrest kicked in , l detect that the public have had their fill of anti-social distancing , masks  and other bullls**t . I hope to visit the emporium of Adam next week , it is certainly worth a trip. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: August 15, 2020, 08:56:22 PM »

Yeah, GS, hopefully next year will be better for you and us,  the US is worst in the world now, because 1/2 the country won't put a mask on or act responsibly. I can't even travel out of the US, we're banned from every country...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: August 16, 2020, 11:40:31 AM »

Yeah, GS, hopefully next year will be better for you and us,  the US is worst in the world now, because 1/2 the country won't put a mask on or act responsibly. I can't even travel out of the US, we're banned from every country...

Things will be better soon, Mike, or so I hope, but it's true personal responsability is key for a faster recovery, IMO. In fact, new bursts of covid are spreaded mainly by younger people here now

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: August 16, 2020, 03:51:29 PM »
Wid mibbe help if some ay the folk "wearin'" masks wid actually pull them up fae under thir chin.

Me?  Ah enjoy the freedom tae walk intae a bank or post office wearin' a mask wi' ma hat pulled doon low.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: August 21, 2020, 08:40:29 PM »
What I wore yesterday. New shades from Moscot. Details on the blog ...

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:42:41 PM by Rod »

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: September 03, 2020, 02:37:26 PM »
What I wore yesterday. New shades from Moscot. Details on the blog ...

Nice, don't have a tie that colour so I guess I'd go with a brown tie to compliment the shoes. I have a plain dusty brown one from the 1950s
Do it well

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: September 03, 2020, 03:18:04 PM »
Cheers Mílurd!
I got that tie in the early 00s from a big box suit shop. Initially to wear my long-gone cream sharkskin suit in the boxy early 21st century 3 button style.
Glad I kept the tie as itís a perfect match for this jacket even though not very well made. Iíve hunted high and low to get a better tie in the same shade, and instead sent it off to Sam Hober in Thailand who opened it up and rebuilt it with a much more robust interlining etc.
Iím still looking, and might get lucky in OíConnels when I get to Buffalo later this month