Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1936638 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #6550 on: October 12, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »
A navy roll neck with vertical burgundy stripe and Levis.

Sounds nice, but I see you were distracted when I was explaining the uploading pics' part, Mo!  ;)

I've been myself a couple days up North and as a mate (and fellow forumee) said, in this pic I look like an extra of "Ski Party" (I took it as a compliment, btw  ;D)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: October 23, 2020, 04:31:40 PM »
A bit of seersucker action to illustrate the dark/light jacket/strides debate. Have a nice weekend, lot!

Another foggy day here, Laird  ;)

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: October 23, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »
Always a sucker for seersucker! +1 for me

Photo does look a little like "man mysteriously abducted, only clue is this picture of unknown man found on their phone"
Initials B.B.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: October 23, 2020, 08:22:28 PM »
A bit of seersucker action to illustrate the dark/light jacket/strides debate. Have a nice weekend, lot!

Another foggy day here, Laird  ;)
I have a very similar seersucker jacket myself but l am a little unsure of the shirt pulled oot over the jacket,  l huvnae pulled that look off for about 45yrs
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: October 23, 2020, 08:26:27 PM »
Always good to see that bespoke seersucker get an airing Syd.
Mine is a much more humble version. Along with the pincord I mentioned recently, which I dress up with a shirt and tie for work trips, I got a paper thin uniqlo one for about $25 to wear casually but very rarely get it out. The jacket wearing season is so short round here (still hasnít arrived yet!) that when it does finally come along I have a lot of competition between, harringtons, monkeys, MA-1s, A-2, denim truckers, leather and suede truckers, ice cream jackets, cotton, linen and seersucker blazers and boating blazers. Before I get through half of that lot itís too hot to be needing one again!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6555 on: October 24, 2020, 11:01:02 AM »
Always good to see that bespoke seersucker get an airing Syd.
Mine is a much more humble version. Along with the pincord I mentioned recently, which I dress up with a shirt and tie for work trips, I got a paper thin uniqlo one for about $25 to wear casually but very rarely get it out. The jacket wearing season is so short round here (still hasnít arrived yet!) that when it does finally come along I have a lot of competition between, harringtons, monkeys, MA-1s, A-2, denim truckers, leather and suede truckers, ice cream jackets, cotton, linen and seersucker blazers and boating blazers. Before I get through half of that lot itís too hot to be needing one again!

In fact, the pic's one is the Uniqlo you mention, Rod!  ;D. Outstanding value for money and I admit it fits me quite good, I was lucky with the size (an XXS if I remember correctly  :o). The bespoke one plays in another league really  8). We're barely entering jacket wearing season here too, so my seersucker jackets come handy. If we're talking flannel and tweed, their moment is quite brief here.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: October 24, 2020, 11:03:25 AM »

Photo does look a little like "man mysteriously abducted, only clue is this picture of unknown man found on their phone"

As a mate said, being abducted in the current circumstances would be a release more than a kidnapping!  ;D. And if it's the last pic, you better look smart in it  8)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: October 24, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »

I have a very similar seersucker jacket myself but l am a little unsure of the shirt pulled oot over the jacket,  l huvnae pulled that look off for about 45yrs

Know what you mean, hermano, but I welcome taking some sartorial risks now and then. With the wider chinos I was aiming for a more 40s-50s look, a bit like our Adam, and the overall shape of the polo -wide collar and shorter than usual, which goes well with high-waisted troos- lent superbly to that, IMO.

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: October 24, 2020, 08:58:28 PM »
A navy roll neck with vertical burgundy stripe and Levis.

Sounds nice, but I see you were distracted when I was explaining the uploading pics' part, Mo!  ;)

I've been myself a couple days up North and as a mate (and fellow forumee) said, in this pic I look like an extra of "Ski Party" (I took it as a compliment, btw  ;D)

Ahh, sorry I missed that bit about the photos.
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: October 24, 2020, 09:03:16 PM »

Know what you mean, hermano, but I welcome taking some sartorial risks now and then. With the wider chinos I was aiming for a more 40s-50s look, a bit like our Adam, and the overall shape of the polo -wide collar and shorter than usual, which goes well with high-waisted troos- lent superbly to that, IMO.

Wire in mi hermano,  I have never been a member of the mod police , it's just not a look l would do myself now but l do wear a tie with a bd,  😱infact , I am out of the country right now dressed like that 😜
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!