Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1055975 times)

claudio

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Dna Manifattura Italiana
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #5650 on: September 29, 2017, 10:31:18 AM »
Leer - lovely over all! What is the deal re he tartan pocket square with the TUX?

Steve - didn't know ZARA made vintage styled cycling tops - are they THAT popular? Nice btw. How long can a 12 quid anything last ? Keep us updated as I am curious to know (I take it it was on SALE for that price?)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: September 29, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »

Steve - didn't know ZARA made vintage styled cycling tops - are they THAT popular? Nice btw. How long can a 12 quid anything last ? Keep us updated as I am curious to know (I take it it was on SALE for that price?)

They seem to be at the moment, Claudio, as not only Zara but Mango, River Island and other high street retailers are marketing their own take on vintage cycling jerseys. The whole price of those Zara's tops was around the 20-29 € mark, if I recall it correctly.

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: September 29, 2017, 05:13:52 PM »
Yep, i brought 1 from Zara, cost me £25 if i remember correctly. Washed about 3 or 4 times and the colour has stayed OK and still in shape. Good value for a knock about top.

Leer R.

• View Profile
    • Männergarderobe
« Reply #5653 on: September 29, 2017, 07:06:24 PM »
@ Martin: the Cole Haans hols up very well until now... But I suppose one day I am gonna have them replaced by bespoke copys. Or I'll find another pair on the cheap...

@ Claudio: thanks for the kudos - and - no deal, just liked the look. It was a birthday party, so I thought a white pocket square would be  overkill anyway...

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: September 30, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »
I think the fact that you wore a tuxedo to a birthday means that HMS Overkill has already sailed!😀

Leer R.

• View Profile
    • Männergarderobe
« Reply #5655 on: September 30, 2017, 03:19:29 PM »
Nope. It said “Abendgarderobe erwünscht“. It was in a palais, too. So, the tux was required 🙂🙃😉

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: September 30, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Nope. It said “Abendgarderobe erwünscht“. It was in a palais, too. So, the tux was required 🙂🙃😉

I only know a little German ... [waving] ... There he is!

Lucky you - I wish I had more reason to dust off my penguin suit.  We might get sorted for some posh New Year party this year just so I can check mine for moth holes!

Leer R.

• View Profile
    • Männergarderobe
« Reply #5657 on: September 30, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »
 :D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: September 30, 2017, 10:15:59 PM »
I think the German words mean " evening out". C
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: October 03, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »
Leer - lovely over all! What is the deal re he tartan pocket square with the TUX?

Not sure how long they have been doing this style but I just wanted a few knock about tops for holiday. I bought 3 "cycling" style ones and a plain blue Henley style. All were in their Summer sale reduced to £10 each. This particular one is 100% cotton, very soft almost like a sea island cotton Smedley. Down side is made in China but for a tenner each I wasn't expecting made in Europe..still nice though: