Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1115108 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #5810 on: May 18, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »
I'm with Mart on the trousers thing , personally I don't think l would get away with those trousers.It was sunny here today too and l could have done with yer bunnet as l had left home without one. .

Might l ask what that interesting building behind you is. .

Oddly, those italian summer trousers have been the most praised garment in my wardrobe by far, by all kinds of people besides. I guess sometimes you've got to take a bit of risk a in your attire, otherwise it becomes boring. Call it the continental influence.

Mi hermano, the building in the background is the Science Museum Prince Felipe (now king Felipe VI), part of the "City of Arts and Sciences" complex, pride and joy of Valencia and 2 minutes walking from my home.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: May 18, 2018, 08:36:38 AM »
Is that the Uniqlo jacket Syd?

I got the gray seersucker last year for about $20.

Recently also got them in navy and petrol blue at a very reasonable price. I’m in North Carolina now but on my way from home down to the airport I swung by the tailor in Tampa to pick them up so they’re in my Jeep at the airport nownwaitingnfor mwnto bring them home tomorrow. Had the third button hole added, sleeves shortened and vents closed. Alterations cost more than the jackets! They are paper thin mind and will wear like a shirt jacket rather than a blazer (zero construction, padding or lining). The only trouble is that it’s rarely cold enough to need a jacket so these will be fighting for attention along with a couple of monkey jackets, a couple of Harrington’s, a couple of ice cream jackets, a couple of denim jackets and a few blazers for the rare days when I feel like I need a second layer.

Yeah, the Uniqlo jacket. As I stated, I hope there'll be more this year, the quality/price relationship is terrific and I can find my mini-size! The one in the pic was 3 buttons, no alterations but the sleeves. [BTW the last Uqlo collab is nothing to write home about].

I guess living in Florida must be a curse for a clothes-conscious guy, here we've got that humid heat, yes, but just some months and I don't think it ever gets as hot as there. So there's a time and a place for jackets, blazers, shackets and even overcoats and macs.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: May 18, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »
I'm with Mart on the trousers thing , personally I don't think l would get away with those trousers.It was sunny here today too and l could have done with yer bunnet as l had left home without one. .

Mi hermano, the building in the background is the Science Museum Prince Felipe (now king Felipe VI), part of the "City of Arts and Sciences" complex, pride and joy of Valencia and 2 minutes walking from my home.

I thought it was yer hoose!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: May 18, 2018, 08:42:51 AM »

Are you out of your mind?!?! I'm shuddering just thinking how much the upkeep of the bloody thing must cost!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: May 18, 2018, 10:19:37 AM »

I thought it was yer holiday villa that you bought after being inspired by Rod's gaff last year. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: May 18, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »

Oddly, those italian summer trousers have been the most praised garment in my wardrobe by far, by all kinds of people besides. I guess sometimes you've got to take a bit of risk a in your attire, otherwise it becomes boring. Call it the continental influence.

Thanks for that , mi hermano . With regard to the humid heat in Florida , maybe your fellow countrymen did the right thing , all those years ago ,  by flogging it to the Yanks. .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: May 18, 2018, 10:55:03 AM »

Thanks for that , mi hermano . With regard to the humid heat in Florida , maybe your fellow countrymen did the right thing , all those years ago ,  by flogging it to the Yanks. .

We were forced to sell it, yankee style. The dollars in fact didn't save our crumbling empire from bankruptcy.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: May 18, 2018, 11:31:27 AM »

Are you out of your mind?!?! I'm shuddering just thinking how much the upkeep of the bloody thing must cost!

A hoose that size in Paisley wid cost upwards ay £500!

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: May 18, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »

I thought it was yer holiday villa that you bought after being inspired by Rod's gaff last year. .

Na Rod's gaff is way cooler that that...made of Linen he says.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: May 18, 2018, 12:02:04 PM »

We were forced to sell it, yankee style. The dollars in fact didn't save our crumbling empire from bankruptcy.

Simon Bolivar hud a lot to answer for I suppose. .