Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1167146 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #5820 on: May 18, 2018, 12:31:13 PM »
I reckon the trousers in themselves are OK mate. I doubt I have the balls to wear them though and if I did I would struggle to get a pair to fit them in! My thing was the light top and light bottom thing that's all. I guess too guys over here in the UK are always struggling with such changeable and poor weather. Warmer hotter climes do encourage more bravery and flamboyance I find. Shoes without socks, shorts and such like.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: May 18, 2018, 03:42:38 PM »
I reckon the trousers in themselves are OK mate. I doubt I have the balls to wear them though and if I did I would struggle to get a pair to fit them in! My thing was the light top and light bottom thing that's all. I guess too guys over here in the UK are always struggling with such changeable and poor weather. Warmer hotter climes do encourage more bravery and flamboyance I find. Shoes without socks, shorts and such like.

Not too keen on the shoes-without-socks look (tho' I've seen people pulling it off quite nicely), my flamboyance has its limits!

Well, I'd never wear socks with shorts, of course, I leave that for the german tourists, and I usually wear deck shoes and the like without socks. But from loafers up, always with socks, at least for me.

Re. the trousers, they're not that flashy, really, just beige/cream striped troos made of very light cotton. Obviously they're better suited to sunny warm climates, not the kind of strides to wear in a cloudy day.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: May 18, 2018, 05:54:52 PM »
I'm not that keen on shoes without socks either , as yer feet stick tae the shoes. .but. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: May 18, 2018, 06:04:15 PM »
I'm not that keen on shoes without socks either , as yer feet stick tae the shoes. .but. .

Another good reason to avoid that look

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: May 18, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »

I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Bill The Pill

• View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »

Bit of talc in the shoe works wonders! ;)

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: May 19, 2018, 02:24:20 AM »

Hear, hear!

Just as well I wear sheer stockings or thick warm tights with my loafers or my heels, then... even when I'm on way to see PP Arnold in Melbourne and it was bloody freezing.  ;D   ;)

http://themodgeneration.com/forum/topics/my-dress-of-the-day
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:41:47 AM by Becky_Moffitt_83 »
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: May 19, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »

Hear, hear!

Just as well I wear sheer stockings or thick warm tights with my loafers or my heels, then... even when I'm on way to see PP Arnold in Melbourne and it was bloody freezing.  ;D   ;)

Thanks for your suggestions, Becky, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable wearing stockings or tights, lol! With the humidity here I doubt talk would solve the issue either.

BTW, enjoy the PP Arnold gig!

Bespoke Gent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: May 19, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »
Hi All, not been on here for an age .... Today I am wearing:

Levi Big E Jeans.
Bass Weejuns - Black.
A new bespoke shirt from DC Bespoke From Manchester —- Candy Stripe short sleeve, sky blue and white.
RayBan Wayfarer

Just about to have walk around Liverpool.

Enjoy the Sun.

Bespoke.
Likes: Peter Harland Tailors - DC Bespoke Shirts - DNA GROOVE - Fender Telecaster Guitars

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: May 19, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »

Hear, hear!

Thanks for your suggestions, Becky, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable wearing stockings or tights, lol! With the humidity here I doubt talk would solve the issue either.

BTW, enjoy the PP Arnold gig!

;)

I did enjoy it! Fantastic night and having purchased a VIP ticket made it even more memorable as I had a few photos with her and a few autographs!  :) She was very humble, gracious, down to earth and electrifying all rolled into one!
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant