Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1317651 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #6160 on: May 25, 2019, 10:59:42 AM »
Cheers lads.
Itís funny how your threads affect your mood. Last week I packed for three days on a job site. Day one I was wearing a tried and trusted outfit - no probs. Day 2 Iíd tried a new combination of some existing threads and it just wasnít working for me. Felt out-of-sorts all day and was constantly fiddling and fidgeting with tie, hoisting up strides etc. Day 3 I wore this and my mood completely improved, confidence boosted cos I knew it had come together well. Stepped out with an extra spring in my stride. Thatís what we aim for all the time and among the hits and misses sometimes it just feels right!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: May 25, 2019, 03:41:07 PM »
Cheers lads.
Itís funny how your threads affect your mood. Last week I packed for three days on a job site. Day one I was wearing a tried and trusted outfit - no probs. Day 2 Iíd tried a new combination of some existing threads and it just wasnít working for me. Felt out-of-sorts all day and was constantly fiddling and fidgeting with tie, hoisting up strides etc. Day 3 I wore this and my mood completely improved, confidence boosted cos I knew it had come together well. Stepped out with an extra spring in my stride. Thatís what we aim for all the time and among the hits and misses sometimes it just feels right!

The same used to happen to me when there was a stricter dress code at my job. Anyway, I reckon that for people like us that feeling of hitting the sartorial mark means an extra boost on everyday life. Same when a new garment arrives home and it fits you just right. Bang.

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: June 06, 2019, 04:54:37 AM »
That's a really cool look look Rod. Difficult for me to tell what colour the trews are, If they're not black, I have an excellent pair of blue dessies that I think would look great with that look
Do it well

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: June 09, 2019, 01:23:05 PM »
That's a really cool look look Rod. Difficult for me to tell what colour the trews are, If they're not black, I have an excellent pair of blue dessies that I think would look great with that look

Strides were a dark navy.
I have black dessies and for some time have been regretting that I didnít get them in navy. This was probably at the tail end of that time in my life when the default colour for a lot of things I bought, particularly shoes, was black. When the black ones wear out Iíll get navy but the bloody things are indestructible!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: June 10, 2019, 09:22:37 AM »

I have black dessies and for some time have been regretting that I didnít get them in navy. This was probably at the tail end of that time in my life when the default colour for a lot of things I bought, particularly shoes, was black. When the black ones wear out Iíll get navy but the bloody things are indestructible!

On another subject, I've got the same RL seersucker strides you're sporting in your last blog entry. I find a bit odd that many folks here swear by their seersucker jackets but wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of seersucker trousers. I find them a smart summer alternative, but then you & I live in humid, hot zones (well, half year or so here, anyway), so we can wear them often.

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6165 on: June 11, 2019, 12:05:05 PM »

On another subject, I've got the same RL seersucker strides you're sporting in your last blog entry. I find a bit odd that many folks here swear by their seersucker jackets but wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of seersucker trousers. I find them a smart summer alternative, but then you & I live in humid, hot zones (well, half year or so here, anyway), so we can wear them often.

Yeah I often mention various stuff Iíve acquired that I wouldnít be caught dead wearing in the cold and rainy north east England where I grew up. Seersucker strides are a useful alternative to linen strides (or shorts!) in the heat of summer but I doubt either would be in my wardrobe if I still lived at home!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: June 11, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »

Yeah I often mention various stuff Iíve acquired that I wouldnít be caught dead wearing in the cold and rainy north east England where I grew up. Seersucker strides are a useful alternative to linen strides (or shorts!) in the heat of summer but I doubt either would be in my wardrobe if I still lived at home!

Seersucker has an advantage over linen, IMO, it's not so prone to wrinkles. It's true that some linen items look good even crumpled, but I get pretty nervous if I'm wearing something with too many wrinkles. My sprezzatura don't go that far!

Anyway, there's weather/season-appropiate clobber, and a gent knows -or should know- when to wear a garment: no white Levi's in Stockholm or Moscow's winter, no tweed jackets in Almeria's summer, or in Tenerife year-round  ;D

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: June 12, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
I actually find seersucker tricky to iron. Those strides are meant to hold a crease but if you press down with the iron you flatten out all the puckering in the white stripes which is sorta the reason youíre wearing them!

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: June 12, 2019, 02:01:16 PM »
Big fan of seersucker here....

Initials B.B.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: June 12, 2019, 02:24:38 PM »
I have 3 Seersucker jackets, but never had interest in the trousers. I guess wearing the trousers alone wouldn't be a bad look for some,  but wearing a entire suit looks too "Gatsby" to me...
mod in Detroit