Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1374893 times)

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #6210 on: July 13, 2019, 04:50:41 PM »
Attended my girlfriends graduation on Thursday...…

Ignore the iffy pose, she was trying to make it look as if she isn't a short arse  :D

Vintage Jacket
Next button down shirt
Knitted tie
Jump the gun sta prest
Loake loafers

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: July 13, 2019, 05:33:06 PM »
Attended my girlfriends graduation on Thursday...…

Ignore the iffy pose, she was trying to make it look as if she isn't a short arse  :D

Vintage Jacket
Next button down shirt
Knitted tie
Jump the gun sta prest
Loake loafers

Superb from head to toe, Cooper, bravo. Add to that a gorgeous setting, a quality pic and a lovely lady by your side, wow... Keep 'em coming, young man.

Oh, that jacket's a beauty and fits you like a glove.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: July 13, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »
Beyond lovely mate! Absolute class from top to bottom. If that was black and white and grainy I'd think it was from the US in 1964. Spot on.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: July 13, 2019, 07:52:54 PM »
Beyond lovely mate! Absolute class from top to bottom. If that was black and white and grainy I'd think it was from the US in 1964. Spot on.

I concur, Mart, right out of a US college yearbook.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: July 13, 2019, 08:15:28 PM »

Kinda agree - but surely the lassie should be throwin' her hat up in the air?

Nice jaiket young fella.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: July 13, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »
Great pic and great choice of threads there. How cool to see the younger generation getting into our thing and pulling off such a sharp outfit. Well done.
My only nit pick, and this may be just a personal beef, is that high buttoning three button jackets don’t need a tie clip squished into the small space available, and ending up as they do at the same level as the pocket square they end up being a distraction. Believe me your tie isn’t going anywhere even if you’re on the back of a flatbed truck going down the highway at 70 mph!

I happen to love tie clips (slides) and have amassed quite a collection (did a blog post about them a few months ago) but I almost always wear mine below the buttoning point of my three button jackets so they’re more for function than display, and are only visible when I unbutton my jacket to sit down and work to keep me tie out of the soup!

All IMO of course - anyway please keep posting pics especially if you have more of this standard.

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: July 14, 2019, 07:55:07 PM »
Thanks for all the comments gents, really appreciate it.

Re the tie clip I get where you're coming from I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned it, something to keep in mind for next time :)

Whether I'm classed as a youngster though I'm not sure having just had my 33rd birthday  :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:59:25 PM by Cooper 8686 »

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: July 14, 2019, 08:06:37 PM »
Blimey mate  you look great for that age! Take any remark about you being young or 'a lad' as the hugest of compliments fella. I guess seeing you at a graduation adds to the sense of youthfulness too so please take no offence from anything any of the guys said. Most of us here are some way over the 50 mark so even a 40 year old is a 'kid' to us. As noted you look spot on in my book regardless of age. The clobber did the talking.

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: July 14, 2019, 08:15:09 PM »
Blimey mate  you look great for that age! Take any remark about you being young or 'a lad' as the hugest of compliments fella. I guess seeing you at a graduation adds to the sense of youthfulness too so please take no offence from anything any of the guys said. Most of us here are some way over the 50 mark so even a 40 year old is a 'kid' to us. As noted you look spot on in my book regardless of age. The clobber did the talking.

Oh no offence at all mate, I've had people ID me and gasp after they saw my age haha :D

paddy67

• See you at the Go Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: July 14, 2019, 10:34:39 PM »
The tie clip looks good to me mate  :) Wearing tie clips with a three button jacket is a Mod thing, always has been and always will be.