Author Topic: The What Are You Wearing Thread  (Read 1467525 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Re: The What Are You Wearing Thread
« Reply #6410 on: March 25, 2020, 11:43:10 AM »
Looks like youíre on to a winner there Syd. I e detailed before my disappointments with my bespoke experiences. Wish I had a switched on craftsman local to me but the best results Iíve had are with remote MTM via TaT.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: March 25, 2020, 06:12:03 PM »
Looks like youíre on to a winner there Syd. I e detailed before my disappointments with my bespoke experiences. Wish I had a switched on craftsman local to me but the best results Iíve had are with remote MTM via TaT.

Thick as Thieves seems to have nailed your measurements/required details, Rod, so I wouldn't worry on that department. That said, NOTHING can replace a proper bespoke experience, IMO. Seeing through the 2/3 fitting sessions how your idea takes shape as a unique piece of craftmanship that's hand made to fit you like a glove, the chats with a professional about fabrics, details, possibilities (he lent me some fabric books to study and choose carefully the cloth, for instance) , trends in bespoke menswear (the fella that made that number has been doing suits since the 60s) and the way tailors work. Pricey but worthy

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: March 25, 2020, 06:23:48 PM »
Yeah thatís exactly what I miss. Jason is a nice fella - I met him once when I was in LA - and does good work but I would love the experience of consulting in person. Part of why Iím on here and do the blog is coz I love the discussion and back-and-forth with like minded fellas and would love to have that in-person.
Still I could hardly say I need or even want to fill any perceived gaps in the wardrobe right now.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: March 26, 2020, 12:25:10 PM »
Yeah thatís exactly what I miss. Jason is a nice fella - I met him once when I was in LA - and does good work but I would love the experience of consulting in person. Part of why Iím on here and do the blog is coz I love the discussion and back-and-forth with like minded fellas and would love to have that in-person.
Still I could hardly say I need or even want to fill any perceived gaps in the wardrobe right now.

You'd absolutely love it, Rod. Problem is the old neighbourhood tailors, like mine, are an endangered species, being replaced by "star tailors" that charge astronomic prices or companies that sell (expensive) MTO like it was bespoke.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: March 26, 2020, 12:55:03 PM »
Nice suits guys , well done . I still like a suit to wear myself also . I get it on the bespoke suit also , well worth the time and effort I think and you end up with a personally owned masterpiece .  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!