Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 380106 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1810 on: March 10, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
Zara still throw some gems among the rubbish. The shirt looks especially stylish & it's 100 % cotton (I've always thought small collars only work right in round collar shirts). Not bad for 30 .

The last two monkey jackets (spoilt to some extent by the side zips) are made of what looks like fleece. In fact, there are lots of bomber/monkey jackets right now in the Zara catalog, but oddly none of them made of the usual cotton twill. Most are faux leather/suede. Talking of which, if someone here thinks the previous numbers are the same old boring basics and yearns for something more, say, left field, there's a beautiful jacket with which you'll attract all the looks without a doubt (Evel Knievel someone?):

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:13 PM »
Some interesting new numbers I've come across in the last days:

First, this Gloverall's mac is as classic as it gets (made in England, of course):

The next two garments won't be surely to the taste of everyone here, but they look interesting enough:

A Todd Snyder's knitted harrington:

And a breton top with boat neck (a detail I love) from french brand Comunne de Paris:

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 13, 2018, 05:25:38 PM »
Standout for me is that mac mate. Bloody nice and the storm latch at the neck is nice to see too. I'm guessing it is removable too.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 13, 2018, 05:31:42 PM »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 21, 2018, 10:30:57 AM »
Another classy knitted top, from NN07, this number is a silk/cotton blend. Not sure about the strange placement of the top button (second pic), tho', but I guess I could live with that if it wasn't for the 130 price tag. 

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: March 21, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »
Another classy knitted top, from NN07, this number is a silk/cotton blend. Not sure about the strange placement of the top button (second pic), tho', but I guess I could live with that if it wasn't for the 130 price tag. 

I certainly like the colour of the first one and I do have a very similar one that I got from Ne*t but I certainly didnae pay 130 fur it. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 21, 2018, 01:10:09 PM »
Yes, that mustard colour is a beauty.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 21, 2018, 01:12:23 PM »
Both nice but as noted as ever with this type of top cheaper alternatives are out there. Maybe not with a Silk thread somewhere amongst it but I ain't too bothered about that. However I have no argument with anyone who buys from lower end or upper for this type of top. If a bloke thinks "F**k that sort of price NEXT/ZARA etc does me alright for a casual knockabout Polo" good luck to them.  Similarly if a fella prefers a Fred Perry or Art Gallery thing or something of even higher price because they know it will tick all the boxes I say fair play to them. As always it is what you match this top up with that sets it apart and how you wear it too.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 21, 2018, 01:30:27 PM »
Aye Martin my thoughts are the same. Sometimes I get sucked in to buying a high priced item if it looks great and seems to be well made. Other times Im not snooty at all about cheaper brands. See latest blog post with J Crew jacket and Relco sta pressts. I think my sunglasses are the most expensive thing Im wearing!

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 21, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
Percival Menswear is not a brand I think I've seen mentioned here before but is one that may be of interest; particularly some of their knitwear and jackets.  Their stuff appears to be made in the UK in limited runs, and prices seem fairly reasonable compared to similar stuff sold by, for instance, the likes of Albam or APC.  https://www.percivalclo.com/

The following rollnecks are in the end of line sale and look like the sort of thing that would be up greenstreet's, well, street.  Reduced from 109 to 49:

A cord jacket reduced from 209 to 169 (not covinced by the pockets otherwise I'd be having that):

Some other interesting stuff from previous collections: