Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 468335 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1990 on: August 31, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
Aye.

Smirk a tab n' calm doon Rod.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 01, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »
A new pleasant surprise from Abercrombie & Fitch (remember the vertical stripes, short sleeves cardies of some months ago?). I'm going to keep an eye on this beauty during the upcoming months, as the brand do a lot of webstore discounts. Anyway, I don't find the 360 price tag that far-fetched, after all it's a 100% wool coat.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 01, 2018, 02:21:08 PM »
A new pleasant surprise from Abercrombie & Fitch (remember the vertical stripes, short sleeves cardies of some months ago?). I'm going to keep an eye on this beauty during the upcoming months, as the brand do a lot of webstore discounts. Anyway, I don't find the 360 price tag that far-fetched, after all it's a 100% wool coat.

Oan the face ay it that looks like a nice coat, even if it's teamed up horrendously oan thir website wi' trackie bottoms, a hoody n' baseball hat.

Wid like tae see yin in the flesh tho' tae guage the quality ay the wool, buttons, etc.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 01, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »

Oan the face ay it that looks like a nice coat, even if it's teamed up horrendously oan thir website wi' trackie bottoms, a hoody n' baseball hat.

Wid like tae see yin in the flesh tho' tae guage the quality ay the wool, buttons, etc.

The polos were quality, I ended up buying both, the burgundy and the green, and they've stood well the machine washing. But then a coat is a different beast.

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 02, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »
Just been on their site and thats a lovely coat , reckon i`ll swerve the jogging bottoms and baseball cap though ! ( what the xxxx are they thinking of ?)
The varsity bomber looks good too ,for a casual jacket

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: September 03, 2018, 09:07:19 AM »
Just been on their site and thats a lovely coat , reckon i`ll swerve the jogging bottoms and baseball cap though ! ( what the xxxx are they thinking of ?)
The varsity bomber looks good too ,for a casual jacket

They always have two or three interesting garments in store (check out the JFK chinos, for instance), a shame how they display them (a classic coat worn with a hoodie beneath? Sacrilege!!)

Essexmark

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 03, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »
Hi all, hope you all had a good summer. GS, sorry to hijack the post re the A & F coat. Just looked at their website ( and the coat is nice), I see they have both of those stripe polos in the sale. There are comments re sizing being out however. How did you find the sizing? I am a 39 inch chest and was going to go for the medium. I know you are a small face (  ;) ) but wondered how you got on? Cheers

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 03, 2018, 06:51:14 PM »
Hi all, hope you all had a good summer. GS, sorry to hijack the post re the A & F coat. Just looked at their website ( and the coat is nice), I see they have both of those stripe polos in the sale. There are comments re sizing being out however. How did you find the sizing? I am a 39 inch chest and was going to go for the medium. I know you are a small face (  ;) ) but wondered how you got on? Cheers

Cheers, Mark. I reckon you're somewhat between sizes: I'm a 36" chest and I'd say the XS, which I own, may fit a 36"-37"; I guess an S would fit then a 38"-39" chest, and a M would be OK for a 40"-41".

But it all depends on how slim you like your tops, as these's is a regular, as opposed to snug, fit. I mean, I can wear a t-shirt under them without feeling restricted. I'm pretty sure you could get away with the S size, but if you prefer your tops looser, I'd go for the M. 

Hope this mess helps! Good luck with the bargain.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 03, 2018, 07:23:59 PM »
I'm about a 42' chest and went for the medium and it fits about right but not loose.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 05, 2018, 10:32:18 AM »
This Oliver Spencer polo-cardie is quite nice, even with the chest pocket, but 300+ are a bit too much: