Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 476734 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2013, 12:31:35 PM »
Reply from H&M:

I was unable to find this item currently on the site. If you're able to find an article number or order number for the item, please let us know as we could track it using that information. We are always constantly updating our site with new items. Keep yours eyes out for this item, and you would be able to order it over the phone with us or by logging into your My H&M account.

Seems you were right not stocking their own gear.

I number of  years ago, I saw a Kenneth Cole Chalk Stripe, Navy DB suit w/waistcoat worn by Johnny Depp on the cover of GQ,
I happened to be at the KC flagship store in NY about a month or so later asking about it, and the manager told me something like : "Oh, a lot of people have been asking for it, we won't be getting it, they sometimes show items in magazine shoots that they never intend to market..."
it's pretty much just to get you in the store, I suppose...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
In the front advertising section of GQ magazine there was a scarlet red lightweight nylon trench coat. Would look great over a suit on a showery day.  I snooped around online and they were $600. Bollocks to that. Soon after I saw them on sale online for about $450. Still too high for me. Then they vanished. Impossible to see online anywhere. I've been roaming eBay, outlet malls, Hugo Boss shops etc and its as if they never existed. Nobody knows anything about them. This has since happened several times with things I've seen in magazines. Even Banana Republic's dodgy Mad Men displays will vanish if you blink.

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2013, 08:00:26 PM »
re: celebs wearing gear you can't find, a lot of them will get runway only stuff that never made it to production, so hey can stand out yet the brands name is still banded about

babyshambler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
Reply from H&M:

I was unable to find this item currently on the site. If you're able to find an article number or order number for the item, please let us know as we could track it using that information. We are always constantly updating our site with new items. Keep yours eyes out for this item, and you would be able to order it over the phone with us or by logging into your My H&M account.

Seems you were right not stocking their own gear.

I got a pair of Levis 566 Sta-Prest and had them tapered, check my last post on WAYW thread for what they look like. Might be an idea?

Good idea. Just need to source a pair now.

They sent a second reply, so although I didn't get the answer I'd have liked, the customer service has been pretty good.

"Dear Christopher, Thank you for your email regarding the white chinos. I have searched through our many images that have been used in magazines such as rolling stone, but have been unable to find these chinos.Please be advised that despite our clothes being advertised in many supplements, we do tend to lend items to these magazines so we are not always aware of all items being used.  I can confirm that this is most likely H&M man or Divided piece and will be available in the majority of H&M stores. I wish you all the very best luck in finding these chinos. Have a lovely weekend. 

Kind regards, ThomasH&M Customer Service"

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
well, a shame about the result but nice to see customer services doing their job's well!

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »
hoping this might come up in a january sale, quite like it, double breast sets it apart a little i think

http://www.bosidengmenswear.com/uk/jackets-coats/overcoats/double-breasted-melton-coat-21839

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »
Like the look of that - the slightly shorter length puts me in mind of the one Lazenby wore in OHMSS when he was visiting M.

You've got to be careful with the cloth on these type of coats.  As I mentioned on the other thread, there's a broad variance in quality.  I remember being in Uniqlo in New York a couple of years ago, curious to look at overcoats I'd seen on their website, but in reality they were threadbare and with a texture like a spud sack, although from what you can tell from pics this one seems a lot nicer.

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2013, 07:13:06 PM »
Nice, though personally would prefer the db 6 with 3 to button.

It also brings to mind the coat Michael Caine wore in the funeral scene in the Italian Job, though that was knee length.

Can it be accurately described as a Chesterfield though?....

..I'll get me coat!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:23:54 PM by Number 6 »

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2013, 02:39:51 AM »
ordinarily i'd agree on the buttoning, but quite like this would be a departure from 'the norm' (for me atleast!)

I hear that Rod, I don't have any experience with this brand but it looks decent. Not sure what 'heritage RAF wool' is though! I think they have a flagship store in london, I'm hoping this will be in a sale that coincides with me being in London so I can check it out. Might need some divine intervention to bring those circumstances together but we shall see...

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2013, 04:23:06 AM »
Yeah I'm not sure what 'heritage RAF' is supposed to mean - colour or quality/weight. You used to be able to get enlisted men's surplus RAF coats in Army and Navy shops and the quality was rough Melton wool. My Dad was an officer in the RAF and I have his greatcoat - it's very heavy but soft plush wool.  As an officer back then you weren't given stuff at the PX, you were given an allowance and sent to one of HM suppliers. His greatcoat has a Burberry tag and his flight overalls are from Austin Reed!