Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 457982 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2400 on: July 11, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »
Lovely aren't they. As I explained almost from the first wearing I knew something was up but I guess buying vintage does sometimes have its problems but like I say I'm happy just to own them if I am able to wear them or not.

A collector's piece for sure.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 11, 2019, 11:39:39 AM »
Lovely aren't they. As I explained almost from the first wearing I knew something was up but I guess buying vintage does sometimes have its problems but like I say I'm happy just to own them if I am able to wear them or not.

Oh it's such a shame that they're too fragile to wear Martin; they're lovely.

That's the kind of shoe I'd love someone like Dr. Watson Shoemaker to offer.  Anyone know if he peruses this fine site  8)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 11, 2019, 12:21:18 PM »
Thanks guys. I bought them more than ten years ago and to be honest probably wouldn't wear them now anyhow because as noted they are very Small Faces/George Harrison type of thing but too bloody gorgeous to get rid of. Who knows if the guys at DR WATSON or any other shoe maker frequents these parts but I'd be more than happy to donate these if they wanted to replicate them. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:24:58 PM by Martin G »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 11, 2019, 04:26:29 PM »
It's dr. Watson style, for definite. If someone's interested in submitting the idea to my fellow compatriot, his store has a fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/drwatsonshoemaker

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 12, 2019, 11:35:21 AM »
It's dr. Watson style, for definite. If someone's interested in submitting the idea to my fellow compatriot, his store has a fb page.

Therein lies the problem for me GS; I don't do Facebook  :o.  I really am going to have to move into the 21st century aren't I  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 12, 2019, 01:07:26 PM »

Therein lies the problem for me GS; I don't do Facebook  :o.  I really am going to have to move into the 21st century aren't I  ;D

I'm a newbie to FB too, Chilli, some nasty blokes here talked me into it and now I'm addicted!  ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 16, 2019, 09:14:24 AM »
Nothing to write home in the upcoming Lacoste collection, but I like this t-shirt (in navy too):

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 17, 2019, 12:49:10 AM »
Picked up something similar at Gatwick Lacoste outlet GS only mine is green with white and red stripes,kind of Italian colours if you like. Like a bit of Lacoste me.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 17, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »
Picked up something similar at Gatwick Lacoste outlet GS only mine is green with white and red stripes,kind of Italian colours if you like. Like a bit of Lacoste me.

That obsession with green, ye Celtic men!   ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 17, 2019, 10:29:51 AM »
A new spanish brand I hadn't heard of before. Little to do with mod really, but some nice jackets, shirts, trousers and especially knits with a retro vibe (BTW, their swimshorts are also interesting):

https://www.walkersappeal.com/