Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 491647 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2470 on: October 04, 2019, 03:57:42 PM »
Claudio is aware. Posted a pic of his and theirs side by side on his Instagram account. Being his usual cool and pragmatic self, but reading between the lines, he's not happy. Understandably

Bad move on Trojan's part, they better count me out (not that I was going to purchase those anyway). Aren't enough 60s designs out there for them to copy that they have to rip off a small business like Claudio's?  >:(

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: October 04, 2019, 11:30:28 PM »
Ah've awreddy suggested tae Claudio that he should start releasin' self-recorded dub albums in retaliation.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: October 05, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
Claudio is aware. Posted a pic of his and theirs side by side on his Instagram account. Being his usual cool and pragmatic self, but reading between the lines, he's not happy. Understandably
Whilst I don't agree with what Trojan did and can understand Claudio being not happy , it is unlikely that he has suffered any losses with this , indeed it has led to some free publicity and also what Trojan did is a firm of flattery.  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: October 06, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »

Bad move on Trojan's part, they better count me out (not that I was going to purchase those anyway). Aren't enough 60s designs out there for them to copy that they have to rip off a small business like Claudio's?  >:(

I don`t see the problem myself ,its not like DNA have the copyright on spearpoint collar polos . I`m not usually a big fan of the Trojan clothes range ,but these look good inmo .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: October 06, 2019, 10:48:16 AM »

I don`t see the problem myself ,its not like DNA have the copyright on spearpoint collar polos . I`m not usually a big fan of the Trojan clothes range ,but these look good inmo .

Yes, it's not a crime, but the designs are too similar to be unintentional, IMO. They should try to put their own stamp into the knits, instead of just copy them.

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: October 06, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »
Got to say i disagree ,Rafa . If its the Brenta design we are talking about ,and the cable style , well,Art Gallery have brought similar styles out ,and no one complained . The major similarity is the collar ,for me ,and DNA don`t own that collar style !
Just i difference of opinion Rafa , nothing personal x

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 06, 2019, 04:22:11 PM »
Got to say i disagree ,Rafa . If its the Brenta design we are talking about ,and the cable style , well,Art Gallery have brought similar styles out ,and no one complained . The major similarity is the collar ,for me ,and DNA don`t own that collar style !

Fair point, J. Mod-retro clobber is really a small niche market and these similarities happen more often than not, intentional or otherwise (I'll leave that to your own judgement). I don't really think Claudio should sue Trojan or something like that. My point is -and I'm not just speaking of Trojan- that some brands should put more effort in their designs; if you're going to do something, try to overcome your competitors, not just ape them lazily. I don't like some of DNA Groove's stuff, but I admit Claudio often goes that extra mile to offer something different. And I'm not talking just about expensive brands: Madcap England sometimes come up with interesting twists on original 60s knitwear. Gabicci, you may love them or hate them, but their designs are peculiar to the brand. I like AGC, but I would love them sometimes to be a bit "riskier" in what they're doing, like Scott Fraser or even Connection.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 06, 2019, 06:32:03 PM »

Fair point, J. Mod-retro clobber is really a small niche market and these similarities happen more often than not, intentional or otherwise (I'll leave that to your own judgement). I don't really think Claudio should sue Trojan or something like that. My point is -and I'm not just speaking of Trojan- that some brands should put more effort in their designs; if you're going to do something, try to overcome your competitors, not just ape them lazily. I don't like some of DNA Groove's stuff, but I admit Claudio often goes that extra mile to offer something different. And I'm not talking just about expensive brands: Madcap England sometimes come up with interesting twists on original 60s knitwear. Gabicci, you may love them or hate them, but their designs are peculiar to the brand. I like AGC, but I would love them sometimes to be a bit "riskier" in what they're doing, like Scott Fraser or even Connection.

Some good points well made there Sir Sydney.  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 07, 2019, 02:37:22 AM »

Can`t argue with any of that mate .Though ive never actually seen a Madcap top in the flesh ,ive always ( wrongly ? ) presumed they are a bit cheap and nasty .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 07, 2019, 10:30:08 AM »

Can`t argue with any of that mate .Though ive never actually seen a Madcap top in the flesh ,ive always ( wrongly ? ) presumed they are a bit cheap and nasty .

Mmm, quality isn't their strong point, certainly. Too many man-made fibres and a bit itchy, but the ones I owned some time ago stood quite a few washings without losing the shape or the colours, so not bad for a few quids.