Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 489043 times)

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2500 on: October 18, 2019, 07:19:02 PM »
I really like that Rafa.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: October 19, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »
I really like that Rafa.

Cheers Ross! Simple and understated but utterly classic. I'll go one of these days to the local COS store to try it in the flesh but if earlier experiences are a guide I bet their smallest size will still look too big on me.  :-\

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: October 20, 2019, 06:02:43 PM »
A new spanish brand I hadn't heard of before. Little to do with mod really, but some nice jackets, shirts, trousers and especially knits with a retro vibe (BTW, their swimshorts are also interesting):

https://www.walkersappeal.com/

A couple of new WA garments that look quite nice to me: 4 buttons polo (pretty similar to the ones they offered last season, but different colours) and rollneck jumper. A bit pricey right now but a good option come the sales.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: October 28, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »
La Paz Clothing is an interesting Portuguese brand that especializes in classic casual garments with a vague Atlantic fishermen vibe (thick jumpers, overcoats and the like). From their new season I'd single out these 2 numbers, a wool Herringbone coat and a cord jacket (both in more colours). A pity the somewhat excessive prices: 400+ for the coat and 200+ for the jacket:

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: October 28, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
Both of those are very nice. Really capture an early 60s Ivy type thing too. Pricey though of course so I will perhaps just worship from afar.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: October 29, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »
Some nice-looking newbies at Next, none pricier than 40 , most 100% cotton and one or two in Laird-approved colours  ;):

Truth is larger collars on the polos would be preferable but hey, you can't be picky at those prices.

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: October 29, 2019, 07:17:07 PM »
I think you very well can be picky, even at those prices. Not good enough.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: October 30, 2019, 10:04:16 AM »
I think you very well can be picky, even at those prices. Not good enough.

Well, I wouldn't possibly purchase them, but if you're in a budget some of those can fit the bill.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: October 30, 2019, 09:55:31 PM »
Some nice-looking newbies at Next, none pricier than 40 , most 100% cotton and one or two in Laird-approved colours  ;):

Truth is larger collars on the polos would be preferable but hey, you can't be picky at those prices.

I like the Next polos but have found the all cotton ones go plukey quite easily. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: November 01, 2019, 03:41:52 PM »
I was browsing Mason and sons following Essexmark's heads up and found this beauty. Now I'm not saying it would get much wear, it is a little pricey and it might split opinions but everyone would remember you if you walked in the room wearing it. I double dare you!

https://www.masonandsons.com/collections/outerwear/products/motoluxe-outerwear-teddy-bear-ecru
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:47:05 PM by Trotsky »
Life is too short to listen to s**t music