Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 692398 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2910 on: September 18, 2020, 05:46:23 PM »
This is a wee bit aerofit l think (which l know doesnae suit all of our broad parish ) and the collar is a bit wanky but , l have grown a fondness for button throughs from Next

I took a look at their webstore some days ago, hermano, quite a few nice tops there (collars a wee bit on the small side), but I'm between sizes in them: XS looks like the dreaded "muscle-fit" on me, while S is that wee big. But I concur they're a reasonable option if you're in a budget or want something less-seen than AGC.

I get it on the sizing , l usually go for a small but a couple of times l have had a xs and it was fine . To me , l need an xs in AGC and it is about the size of a Next small , Modshoes have some lovely gear now but their clothes start at at 38" and l find l can size down on the shoes so a 38" will be too big l reckon . Got a couple pairs o' trousers in M&S yesterday 7  a pop in their sale ( the only time my waist size appears is in the sale) , one pair needed adjusted for no break and my favourite tailor has already done it (40 mins turnaround , so l guess they ain't busy). They had a lovely polo with a zip( l hear ye , l know l used to hate zips) that l fancied (9) but only in a medium which at M&S is more like an extra medium 😄 also got a shirt fur hawf price 🤩

Now that you mention M&S, I've got my eyes on a H&M (yes, I know they're not the same  ;D) cotto jumper, waiting them to restock it in my/our size tho'  :-\

Oh, and I'm not too keen on zips on polos either (though I don't mind them in cycling tops)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: September 18, 2020, 07:23:13 PM »
This is a wee bit aerofit l think (which l know doesnae suit all of our broad parish ) and the collar is a bit wanky but , l have grown a fondness for button throughs from Next

Next sale starts the morra wee man.

Good excuse fur ye tae go mental before we ur locked doon again.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: September 20, 2020, 08:24:38 PM »

Next sale starts the morra wee man.

Good excuse fur ye tae go mental before we ur locked doon again.

Thanks fur the tip , Big yin. .

Question is of course if they do put healthy folk under house arrest again , dunno if they will get the same compliance they got the last time . Was in Glasgow city centre yesterday evening  , it was mobbed , in particular with young folk oot tae enjoy themselves and er , sometimes in groups of , er more than , er six. . 8)

nae sign ah plod
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:27:43 PM by Simon Bond »
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: September 21, 2020, 09:27:56 AM »

Gabicci huv launched some "Gregory Isaacs" cardies.

A bit overpriced at 119 but ah might keep an eye oot when the sales ur oan.

This is the best ay the bunch as far as ah'm concerned.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: September 22, 2020, 08:14:45 AM »
Saw those Gabicci cardie online the other day. Some nice ones, but I'm not paying full whack for them. Particularly when it looks like we won't be going anywhere for the next few months!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: September 23, 2020, 01:27:26 AM »
Saw those Gabicci cardie online the other day. Some nice ones, but I'm not paying full whack for them. Particularly when it looks like we won't be going anywhere for the next few months!

Jist posted a cheapo alternative ah plan tae wear tae work oan the "last item you bought" thread Doc.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: September 23, 2020, 08:12:10 AM »

Jist posted a cheapo alternative ah plan tae wear tae work oan the "last item you bought" thread Doc.

Nice one, Laird. Big boys sizes too, bonus!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: October 02, 2020, 10:06:24 AM »
A heads-up regarding the open collar A&F polo I bought recently, as the brand have added a burgundy version that's even nicer than my navy one:

Also from A&F this beautiful houndstooth coat, a bit pricey now (it's just 40% wool) at 270 , but something to keep an eye on come the sales:

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: October 02, 2020, 04:48:29 PM »
Boy band collar on that shirt i`m afraid.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: October 02, 2020, 05:09:14 PM »
Boy band collar on that shirt i`m afraid.

Not so small as it seems in the pic, Matt, enough for this small face at least!  8)