Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 821308 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #3060 on: February 18, 2021, 11:06:32 AM »
Opposite side of the spectrum from Fred Perry price-wise, and from the new H&M collection. Not particularly impressed by the jacket though it's a 3 button number and besides 100% cotton. But I do love that yellow/mustard shade of the button-through polo (also all cotton), so I've pulled the trigger on that, at 30 Ä is a steal:

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: February 18, 2021, 12:30:23 PM »
I love seeing jackets like that Syd. Decent looking three buttons versions are somewhat rare so it gives me hope for the future when I see high street brands doing them. Seeing that set me off on a search for a minute but then a sudden attack of common sense! I already have one very similar from Brooks Brothers, acquired many years ago.
I know I had my seamstress slim it down, I honestly canít remember if it was originally a sack and she added the darts or if they were already there and she just slimmed it at the seams!

https://rodsmodblog.wordpress.com/2021/01/12/rods-togs-khaki-cotton-blazer/

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: February 18, 2021, 01:23:01 PM »
I love seeing jackets like that Syd. Decent looking three buttons versions are somewhat rare so it gives me hope for the future when I see high street brands doing them. Seeing that set me off on a search for a minute but then a sudden attack of common sense! I already have one very similar from Brooks Brothers, acquired many years ago.
I know I had my seamstress slim it down, I honestly canít remember if it was originally a sack and she added the darts or if they were already there and she just slimmed it at the seams!

https://rodsmodblog.wordpress.com/2021/01/12/rods-togs-khaki-cotton-blazer/

Careful what you wish for, Rod. When the "high street" down market makers start mass producing the stuff, it'll lose it's unique look... we'll a look like we got dressed at the mall ;)!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: February 18, 2021, 01:29:43 PM »
Haha true dat!
I have to confess to having in the past once or twice jumped on a 3B jacket whether I needed it or not (probably not!) out of purely being pleasantly surprised at having seen them on sale!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: February 18, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Haha true dat!
I have to confess to having in the past once or twice jumped on a 3B jacket whether I needed it or not (probably not!) out of purely being pleasantly surprised at having seen them on sale!
It's a double edged sword, isn't it?
That's why I have so many DB jackets and suits...if someone bothers to wear a jacket at all around here, it's the American model low 2 button. anything like a 3 button or DB immediately is a stand out.

"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: February 18, 2021, 04:35:26 PM »
I have a jacket like that which is a 3/2 roll and is half lined as l understand it , it was a decent fit from the get go and is darted and made by a company called Kaiser . I wore it a couple of times last year on one of my visits to England( back when we almost lived in a free country) and got complemented on it a couple of times . The thing l love about it is that , it is very versatile and easy to match other clothes to it . .

I like the button through too , it's just not a colour that l would wear personnally.
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: February 18, 2021, 06:18:39 PM »

I like the button through too , it's just not a colour that l would wear personnally.

Something to do with football, Simon?  ;)

For me the colour is the main attraction

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 18, 2021, 06:22:10 PM »

It's a double edged sword, isn't it?
That's why I have so many DB jackets and suits...if someone bothers to wear a jacket at all around here, it's the American model low 2 button. anything like a 3 button or DB immediately is a stand out.

Mike and Rod, you're not the only gents of our persuasion that entertain that "double edged sword" concern, I've heard that opinion elsewhere, but from a practical point of view I'd like some high-street brands offering 3 buttons jackets again, as I'd have a chance to try them and check out the fit in the flesh.

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 18, 2021, 08:11:21 PM »
Opposite side of the spectrum from Fred Perry price-wise, and from the new H&M collection. Not particularly impressed by the jacket though it's a 3 button number and besides 100% cotton. But I do love that yellow/mustard shade of the button-through polo (also all cotton), so I've pulled the trigger on that, at 30 Ä is a steal:

Really liking the polo, not sure I could bring myself to wear it due to the Arsenal connection  ;D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: February 18, 2021, 08:28:17 PM »

Something to do with football, Simon?  ;)

For me the colour is the main attraction
Nah , nae fitba' angle this time as it looks nothing like a Morton tap but possibly a cycling angle as the Maillot Jaune must be earned and has a certain, reverence 😇.   .for me . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!