Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 943223 times)

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #3300 on: July 26, 2021, 04:00:53 PM »
So you have a light blue jacket like this, only single breasted and the window pane checks are a little more orange and the buttons aren't that evil. What do you wear with it for a more informal look? I'm thinking something like a blue polo shirt with a broad white bar across the chest and maybe beige/orange chinos. Thoughts? 

Do it well

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: July 26, 2021, 05:05:50 PM »
So you have a light blue jacket like this, only single breasted and the window pane checks are a little more orange and the buttons aren't that evil. What do you wear with it for a more informal look? I'm thinking something like a blue polo shirt with a broad white bar across the chest and maybe beige/orange chinos. Thoughts? 

Not a fan of windowpane checks myself, but with a plaid jacket I'd try to keep the rest simple; if it's a polo you want to wear, a plain white or navy one (even black) could work. Orange chinos (not my cuppa either, tbh) to match the checks would be fine, as long as the orange shade is discreet, but I'd personally go with white cotton trousers or sand chinos. I'm turning into a conservative dresser with age, I'm afraid! :-\

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: July 26, 2021, 09:42:40 PM »

Plain Dark Navy polo, or if you have a dark knit with a small turtle neck I think would look best, and as far as the chinos, if it's a light blue jacket I'd wear something darker with it.. if those orange chinos stand out from the jacket, great. If the tones are too close I wouldn't do it...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: July 27, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »
The old discussion about darker or lighter strides!  :D

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: July 27, 2021, 01:08:54 PM »
Seen those elsewhere, very early 60s modernist, and VERY expensive. BTW, new knits' batch by Claudio, also nice but not 130 nice! https://www.dnagroove.it/shop/knitwear/cava14/

Short run knits of this quality are unbelievably  expensive to make, especially when made in Europe. Price might be out of the range of many but doesn't surprise me. As we all know, Claudio makes good stuff .  There are other makers for double that which does seem to be pushing it a bit IMO.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: July 27, 2021, 01:32:30 PM »
Seen those elsewhere, very early 60s modernist, and VERY expensive. BTW, new knits' batch by Claudio, also nice but not 130 nice! https://www.dnagroove.it/shop/knitwear/cava14/

Short run knits of this quality are unbelievably  expensive to make, especially when made in Europe. Price might be out of the range of many but doesn't surprise me. As we all know, Claudio makes good stuff .  There are other makers for double that which does seem to be pushing it a bit IMO.

Agreed. I really don't find DNA overpriced, especially for what it is...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: July 27, 2021, 05:02:39 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I find Claudio's prices quite reasonable, but I have to like a lot a top to spend more than 100 in it, more than I like those. 

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: July 28, 2021, 10:18:59 AM »
I quite like the minimalistic simplicity of this, but I'd have to try it in the flesh, as COS garments tend to be a bit on the long side:

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: July 28, 2021, 11:46:51 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I find Claudio's prices quite reasonable, but I have to like a lot a top to spend more than 100 in it, more than I like those.

Agreed.   :)

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: July 28, 2021, 07:26:04 PM »
I quite like the minimalistic simplicity of this, but I'd have to try it in the flesh, as COS garments tend to be a bit on the long side:

I've bought a few of these revere type of shirts this year, although not in that colour
Do it well