Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 491658 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #400 on: May 06, 2014, 02:34:24 PM »
I know it's from the brand whose name we never mention, but I quite like the look of this one:

http://www.prettygreen.com/shop/product/ss14-stone-lennon-jacket/

Any thoughts yea or nay?
You're correct. It's a name that never shall be uttered  ;)

I do like the style of these types of jackets, not sure if I could pull it off at my age...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2014, 02:37:31 PM »
I was thinking the same thing Mike, but it's one of their few pieces that caught my eye recently. I'm quite partial to a little bit of corduroy every now and again, and it's not mad stupid money either, with very limited branding just on the button edges so doesn't shout the name that we never mention too much  ;)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2014, 02:50:12 PM »
I was thinking the same thing Mike, but it's one of their few pieces that caught my eye recently. I'm quite partial to a little bit of corduroy every now and again, and it's not mad stupid money either, with very limited branding just on the button edges so doesn't shout the name that we never mention too much  ;)

Right, I like the corduroy. They usually sell out of these quick too... noticed they've  had  price drop over the last year or so, also....

Cappuccino Kid

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
I have a similar styled jacket that I bought off a fellow member of this very forum, albeit not in cord, but I have to admit I find it really hard to wear. Basically, I feel like a bit of a dick when I put it on. If you can pull it off, go for it, but it takes confidence!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2014, 04:38:36 PM »
I have a similar styled jacket that I bought off a fellow member of this very forum, albeit not in cord, but I have to admit I find it really hard to wear. Basically, I feel like a bit of a dick when I put it on. If you can pull it off, go for it, but it takes confidence!
A few years back, I had a similar black jacket by Calvin Klein (who would have guessed) that I wore. As long as you don't go "overboard" with what you're pairing it with, I like the look.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2014, 05:47:04 PM »
Agree I coundn't pull it off at my age, but I really like another (just this) of their pieces:

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2014, 06:41:18 PM »
That looks like something Roger Moore would wear open necked, around the time of Moonraker.

You can decide for yourself whether or not to take that as a compliment!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 06, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »
That looks like something Roger Moore would wear open necked, around the time of Moonraker.

Nah, If it were from that period, the collar would be 3X the length... I like that piece, but it's pricey for fake suede.

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 07, 2014, 07:59:33 AM »

That made me laugh out loud! Guess you're not a fan then Rod. To be honest when I saw it I was in two minds but the more I look at it the more it looks ok, but with a new Levis Bedford jacket on it's way, it's not something I'd buy at the moment.

forever_united

• View Profile
    • Stockholm Mods
« Reply #409 on: May 07, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Agree I coundn't pull it off at my age, but I really like another (just this) of their pieces:

I think this one has a nice Rubber Soul look, but way to pricey.