Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 358689 times)

Ken Gee

• View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »
I honestly don't think I'd get enough wear out of the latter, which deters me from looking at Crombie overcoats and such.

Ha! I know what you mean - I can feel a little "over-dressed" with that on!

I have had a tailored Crombie for about ten years. Only wear it a few times a year and adore it.

Probably should wear it more but I know I will have it for the rest of my life so well worth what was paid for it.

Yeah, that's a good point, Neil. Before ordering, my Mrs said to me "And how often are you going to wear that?". But as you say, it will always be there when the occasion arises/mood takes you...

Tough one, but any tips for dressing it down?

Neil Lee

• Clothes, Football, Scooters & Music in that order.
    • View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 02:27:11 PM »
I honestly don't think I'd get enough wear out of the latter, which deters me from looking at Crombie overcoats and such.

I have had a tailored Crombie for about ten years. Only wear it a few times a year and adore it.

Probably should wear it more but I know I will have it for the rest of my life so well worth what was paid for it.

Yeah, that's a good point, Neil. Before ordering, my Mrs said to me "And how often are you going to wear that?". But as you say, it will always be there when the occasion arises/mood takes you...

Had it made to go over a suit so only ever wear it with a suit. It was my mussus who paid for it as a Christmas pressie one year.

Generally it's my interview, funeral, wedding, mod night etc overcoat.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:28:54 PM by Neil Lee »
The New Unsociable’s Present

“Gettin’ To The Point”

https://www.facebook.com/events/399848387194193/

Ken Gee

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »

Had it made to go over a suit so only ever wear it with a suit. It was my mussus who paid for it as a Christmas pressie one year.

Generally it's my interview, funeral, wedding, mod night etc overcoat.

Bit late in the season now, but think I'll try it with thick sweaters, jeans, whatever next winter and see how it goes...

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
I'm looking for something a bit smarter than my Barbour Sapper to wear in the colder months.  I love the look of pea coats, just not on me, I don't think duffle coats are quite what I'm after (besides, I think Paddington ruined them for me), so I'm now thinking about a mac of some sort, or perhaps one of these

http://www.stuartslondon.co.uk/coats-jackets-c23/waxed-jackets-c133/barbour-clothing-barbour-sl-bedale-smart-navy-jacket-mca0184ny71-p8962

I know they're like Marmite, but Pretty Green have a 50% off their Black Label outerwear collection. Lots of coats down from £300 to £150...could be worth a look?

Jonny

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Jonny Monk Photography
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
This cracker from SmedleyxUmbro. Imagine the collar will divide people though.

http://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/specials/john-smedley-umbro-1/track-in-navy

charliebravo69

• Modernist, Cyclist, Pissartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
like that very much jonny - very 'cycling top' without being too obvious and sport specific.

Neil Lee

• Clothes, Football, Scooters & Music in that order.
    • View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:58 PM »
This cracker from SmedleyxUmbro. Imagine the collar will divide people though.

http://www.johnsmedley.com/uk/mens/specials/john-smedley-umbro-1/track-in-navy

Very nice, not seen them before.
The New Unsociable’s Present

“Gettin’ To The Point”

https://www.facebook.com/events/399848387194193/

hipshaker

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2013, 09:11:12 PM »
I'm liking that too. Duffer did something similar a good few years ago, higher neck though ... More like a turtle neck with buttons.

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
I bought a grey herringbone crombie (branded crombie)  a fair few years ago.  I wouldnt have exactly coined the term Mod at the time, but my wardrobe has always had serious 60s overtones!  basically i found them half price in a sale Basically i paid and ran before my conscience/bank manager got the better of me.  eventually realised that whilst the arms were right, if was way too big in th e body.

it was ressurected 2 or 3 years ago as my first tailor altered garment (i paid about 30 notes), and now fits lovely!  im nt convinced the arms arent a shade too short now the body has been fitted but its one of those personal bug bear things.  i think that with the right choice of colour, fit and a bit of minerals they can cross over to casual use.  look at the young asian lad in the mid to latter episodes of spooks - he had a great fitting black cromby that he rocked with a turtle neck and jeans, and that looked pretty awesome.

not the best photo to support my arguement ill grant you

Mrs Peel....Were needed.

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 12:46:52 PM »

I really like this Vivienne Westwood suit.
The way the button fastening slopes shouldn't work but somehow does!