Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 480838 times)

Mutley

• View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #720 on: March 31, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
Ah yes , Baracuta even make button down collars on their short sleeved polo's. .

Have to say on the button down Baracuta front I found them disapointing - faded badly and went drastically out of shape after a few washes. Guess I just needed to get that off my chest lol.
If you ooze masculinity, like some of us do, you have no reason to fear pink.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »
Ah yes , Baracuta even make button down collars on their short sleeved polo's. .

Have to say on the button down Baracuta front I found them disapointing - faded badly and went drastically out of shape after a few washes. Guess I just needed to get that off my chest lol.

No problem , you have a point , young man . Mine one that what a nice magenta colour faded badly but my black one seems to be holding up okay and also a white one . .
I got them out of TK Maxamus so not too bothered about the premature fade (glad I didn't pay full wack for them). . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 31, 2015, 06:39:29 PM »
I think the Baracuta range of shirts, knitwear etc that found it's way into TK Maxx is the old stock from when BMB Menswear had the license for Baracuta.
Towards the end of their ownership, they lost their way a bit, and tried to produce as many menswear products as they could, but didn't seem too fussed about quality.
WP Lavori who now own the brand seem more concerned with flogging the "Heritage" side of the G9 & G4 Harrington market to wedged up Hipster types to concentrate on shirts. Not enough margin in it for them!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 31, 2015, 07:24:56 PM »
As I have probably mentioned before , as far as I'm concerned Baracuta have priced themselves out of the market as far as a casual , cotton jacket is concerned , oh wait , have they started using gold thread . . ::)

edited by Tom for language
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:45:29 AM by Simon Bond »

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 31, 2015, 08:48:05 PM »
Agreed.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 01, 2015, 09:56:48 AM »
Their prices are ridiculous nowadays, considering that, as Simon points out, jackets seem to be of the same make as before.

leeboy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 02, 2015, 09:47:44 AM »
I would wear some of this stuff, cycling tops are nice, prices as usual a bit over the top. Lets hope some make their way into TK Max!

leeboy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 02, 2015, 09:48:41 AM »
I would wear some of this stuff, cycling tops are nice, prices as usual a bit over the top. Lets hope some make their way into TK Max!

here's the link http://www.fredperry.com/men/bradley-wiggins/?utm_campaign=fred1514a&utm_term=week1514&utm_source=defacto&utm_medium=email

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 02, 2015, 10:29:36 AM »

here's the link http://www.fredperry.com/men/bradley-wiggins/?utm_campaign=fred1514a&utm_term=week1514&utm_source=defacto&utm_medium=email

Most of it seems very decent apart from the chequered board shirt , that is rank. It is the likely candidate for TK Max I reckon , along with their other oddball productions like the polo's that must be intended for golfwear and the other polo's that are specifically designed for birds but birds don't seem to want them. .

leeboy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 02, 2015, 10:54:44 AM »

I agree with you 100%. Always a bit nearly but not quite with them.

Most of it seems very decent apart from the chequered board shirt , that is rank. It is the likely candidate for TK Max I reckon , along with their other oddball productions like the polo's that must be intended for golfwear and the other polo's that are specifically designed for birds but birds don't seem to want them. .