Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 502494 times)

Liam Mac

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2013, 04:52:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I only ask because I haven't had anything from Smedley for about 4years and wasn't sure if something had gone in the quality control dept.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »
You're welcome. Don't worry, good old Smedley's still spot on, in spite of the infamous logo .

DenisW

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
They are investment pieces.Last forever and look and feel amazing.Their cotton feels like cashmere.I think that's what you are paying for.I have bought a few things in their sales.

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2013, 06:04:17 PM »
I'm quite liking a few of those Peter Werth knits, but the daft logo spoils them for me.

http://www.peterwerth.co.uk/clothing/knitwear?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Knitted%20Polo%20Shirt%20by%20Peter%20Werth&utm_content=The%20Knitted%20Polo%20Shirt%20by%20Peter%20Werth+Version+B+CID_63f9b57bb1ffcf32f9aaa7cb77bc76b8&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software

don't mind the logo on these so bad, embroidered and fairly subtle, not a 'badge' or anything. However, peter worth seem to like putting them in odd places, maybe not on these, but on some of their shirts its halfway down the shirt. Looks like a speck of dust or a stain when its their.

Modculture

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Modculture
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »
Owner/dogsbody - Modculture

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »

...the blurb..
Cut a dashing figure with this expertly tailored Crombie jacket. Crafted from 100% Italian-milled wool, this is a truly luxurious piece of casual outerwear. Designed to look sharp and slim, we have optimised the insulating wadding at 120 gr/mt., so you can ward off the British autumn-winter chill without looking bulky. Layer over contrasting knitwear for a modern look.

...only downside being the 700 price tag.

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »

...the blurb..
Cut a dashing figure with this expertly tailored Crombie jacket. Crafted from 100% Italian-milled wool, this is a truly luxurious piece of casual outerwear. Designed to look sharp and slim, we have optimised the insulating wadding at 120 gr/mt., so you can ward off the British autumn-winter chill without looking bulky. Layer over contrasting knitwear for a modern look.

...only downside being the 700 price tag.

wasn't sure I liked it when you first posted the pic, felt maybe too 'fashion forward' for crombie, but actually its grown on me, I quite like it. Quite a lot. What a difference two days make!

claudio

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Dna Manifattura Italiana
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »

[/quote]

wasn't sure I liked it when you first posted the pic, felt maybe too 'fashion forward' for crombie, but actually its grown on me, I quite like it. Quite a lot. What a difference two days make!
[/quote]

I know what you mean re the "fashion" vibe re the padded fabric as Barbour seemed to bring this back a couple of years ago and every man & his dog was sporting one. I think this has died away a little, however, this jacket will stand the test of time purely on it's cut and quality....very versatile too. I'll keep my eye on it and by the time we get to December this should be a little more affordable.