Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 433471 times)

markrulesok

• View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2013, 02:52:18 AM »
so there's been a lot of talk of grey flannels recently... how about something a little more adventurous?  ;D

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2013, 04:51:08 AM »
Source for them Mark? Might be tempted but I'd like to see them in the flesh.

babyshambler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »

Same. Those coppery brown ones at the bottom look promising.

Edit: They come from here - http://www.rotasrl.com/en/index.htm
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:13:38 PM by babyshambler »

babyshambler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
Hard and Smart posted pictures from a Spanish Rolling Stone article in the media section of the forum that included this pic:

It says by the image that the chinos are H&M but I can't find anything anywhere online and would love a pair the same as these - same colour/cut, etc. Does anyone know where I can get some? They don't have to be H&M, just as similar to these as possible.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2013, 12:30:58 PM »
The chinos look pretty standard "slim/skinny" fit, but the low-rise, fabric covered fastener button and what looks like a wide belt loop look pretty unique, and really makes those standout... haven't seen anything with those details.
If your just after chinos in the same color/fit look at Bonobos, JCrew, Banana.. the usual suspects...

Hard and Smart posted pictures from a Spanish Rolling Stone article in the media section of the forum that included this pic:

It says by the image that the chinos are H&M but I can't find anything anywhere online and would love a pair the same as these - same colour/cut, etc. Does anyone know where I can get some? They don't have to be H&M, just as similar to these as possible.
mod in Detroit

babyshambler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »
The chinos look pretty standard "slim/skinny" fit, but the low-rise, fabric covered fastener button and what looks like a wide belt loop look pretty unique, and really makes those standout... haven't seen anything with those details.
If your just after chinos in the same color/fit look at Bonobos, JCrew, Banana.. the usual suspects...

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll get in touch with H&M for stockists.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
Good luck!
I've noticed that a lot of these retailers provide  things for photo shoots which they never end up stocking/selling for some reason.. ???

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll get in touch with H&M for stockists.
mod in Detroit

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »
Good luck!
I've noticed that a lot of these retailers provide  things for photo shoots which they never end up stocking/selling for some reason.. ???

This really frustrates me, I don't shop at h&m etc often, but I've a nice jacket in a mens magazine, from h&m for a good price. So I go to check it out and nothing even remotely similar is in there. Not online either. It was, according to said magazine current season too. Bloody white whales with some made up price. Happened twice now with two separate high street stores.

Same. Those coppery brown ones at the bottom look promising.

Edit: They come from here - http://www.rotasrl.com/en/index.htm

Yep! I've never seen them in person but they get mentioned on quite a few italian menswear blogs. I think yoox.com has had torusers by them before, unfortunatly not these ones though. Like you said the coppery ones are nice, actually slightly fond of the blue ones too but don't tell anyone  8)

babyshambler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
Reply from H&M:

I was unable to find this item currently on the site. If you're able to find an article number or order number for the item, please let us know as we could track it using that information. We are always constantly updating our site with new items. Keep yours eyes out for this item, and you would be able to order it over the phone with us or by logging into your My H&M account.

Seems you were right not stocking their own gear.

StevePWilliams

• Dolce Far Niente
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2013, 11:10:33 AM »
Reply from H&M:

I was unable to find this item currently on the site. If you're able to find an article number or order number for the item, please let us know as we could track it using that information. We are always constantly updating our site with new items. Keep yours eyes out for this item, and you would be able to order it over the phone with us or by logging into your My H&M account.

Seems you were right not stocking their own gear.

I got a pair of Levis 566 Sta-Prest and had them tapered, check my last post on WAYW thread for what they look like. Might be an idea?
Concilio et Labore