Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 457921 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #410 on: May 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »
I know I posted this before, but I picked up the Levis Trucker  jacket last year for around the same price.

(Amazon)

Agree I coundn't pull it off at my age, but I really like another (just this) of their pieces:

I think this one has a nice Rubber Soul look, but way to pricey.
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 07, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »
I know I posted this before, but I picked up the Levis Trucker  jacket last year for around the same price.

(Amazon)

Agree I coundn't pull it off at my age, but I really like another (just this) of their pieces:

I think this one has a nice Rubber Soul look, but way to pricey.

That's EXACTLY the jacket I want, Mike. LEVIS Europe had it in stock for a year or so, but it never went down the 400 mark, too pricey. The fact is I can't buy Levis stuff directly from Amazon US, suppose this greedy lot have an agreement so they won't lose  customers in the Levis EU brand shops or in their webstore when Amazon offers discounts. This happens with some brands, Levis & Ben Sherman for sure.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 07, 2014, 06:58:23 PM »
I found it on the Levis website last year, GS.
 looked like a clearance (although still full price) so I grabbed it. Because they don't offer them too often...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 07, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »
I know it's from the brand whose name we never mention, but I quite like the look of this one:

http://www.prettygreen.com/shop/product/ss14-stone-lennon-jacket/

Any thoughts yea or nay?

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 07, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »
 looked like a clearance (although still full price) so I grabbed it. Because they don't offer them too often...

That's the suede one I guess? I'd buy that in a heartbeat, but then would be too worried about wearing it out for fear of a beer or fag (not mine) related incident. Just lovely. 8)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:40:14 PM by Red Steve »

WayneK

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:38 PM »

That's the suede one I guess? I'd buy that in a heartbeat, but then would be to worried about wearing it out for fear of a beer or fag (not mine) related incident. Just lovely. 8)

Agree. Glass of red wine down the back in a crowd. I'd never wear it.

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 07, 2014, 10:44:25 PM »

That's the suede one I guess? I'd buy that in a heartbeat, but then would be to worried about wearing it out for fear of a beer or fag (not mine) related incident. Just lovely. 8)

;D A glass of red! Round my way it's more likely to be a pint of cider (and that's just the women)  ;D

WayneK

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 07, 2014, 11:03:49 PM »

;D A glass of red! Round my way it's more likely to be a pint of cider (and that's just the women)  ;D

Not far off round my way either!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 08, 2014, 08:31:11 AM »
Oh, c'mon, just make sure you don't wear it to the pub  ;) Anyway I'd grab it if it was under the 200 mark; keep dreamin'... The fact's that ASOS has a similar jacket (real suede it seems) for 175 , but it's got 2 side pockets, which ruins a little the streamlined look of the truckers. Maybe if they reduce the price...

Diabolik

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 08, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
http://www.lyst.com/clothing/brooks-brothers-suede-jean-jacket-brown/

I bought this Suede Trucker from Brooks Brothers Outlet last year reduced to 125.00. I wish I'd held out a while longer, 2 days later it was reduced again to 87.50!

Ouch!