Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 480826 times)

leeboy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #500 on: July 14, 2014, 06:43:19 PM »
Was in Harvey Nics today and spotted this

http://www.harveynichols.com/sale/85180-blue-striped-fine-knit-polo-shirt/

Never heard of the brand but this and a few other bits and piece by them I'd wear.

Not heard of them either but that is a lovely top - and the purple one is nice too! I would never pay 215 for it though!  :o

Seems you don't have to, now down to 43.00! Seems they are produced by S.T. Dupont.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 14, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »

Never heard of the brand but this and a few other bits and piece by them I'd wear.

Not heard of them either but that is a lovely top - and the purple one is nice too! I would never pay 215 for it though!  :o

Seems you don't have to, now down to 43.00! Seems they are produced by S.T. Dupont.

Yeah but when you click on the size, they're all sold out!

leeboy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2014, 05:16:42 PM »

Yeah but when you click on the size, they're all sold out!

What a bugger! I was going to go for one when I get some cash from a job at the weekend.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 27, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »
I can't say I definitely would, but there's something kind of interesting about this:

You have to keep the neck buttoned up though, loses all appeal "open neck".

http://www.atomretro.com/product_info.cfm?product_id=13922&d=BEN-SHERMAN-HARRYMAC-HARRINGTON-MAC-JACKET-MOON
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 28, 2014, 08:33:41 AM »
I can't say I definitely would, but there's something kind of interesting about this:

You have to keep the neck buttoned up though, loses all appeal "open neck".

http://www.atomretro.com/product_info.cfm?product_id=13922&d=BEN-SHERMAN-HARRYMAC-HARRINGTON-MAC-JACKET-MOON

Spotted this over the weekend, I think I'd probably wear it on the scooter when the weather cools. Agree re the neck, looks awful unbuttoned
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

babyshambler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2014, 10:10:54 AM »
Just looks like a scrappy anorak opened up, yeah.

I really regret not buying the Gibson 'Callan' mac when it was in stock at AR:

claudio

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Dna Manifattura Italiana
« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
very nice IMO

StevePWilliams

• Dolce Far Niente
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »
Nice design, but looks a bit plastic-y and slightly medical. I'd prefer to spend a little more and get something from Austin Reed or another of the mid-price brands.
Concilio et Labore

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »
I saw the Ben Sherman Harrington/Mac and tried it on the other day having seen it on here. Done up to the neck it does indeed look the business but aside from that just doesn't work in my opinion. They were flogging off their 'Macs' from last season for 62 from about 120 these are a 'shortie' thing in Nylon not too differnt to the Gibson. I already have a similar from M&S so my Uncle, a 1960s 'Original', got one from us as an early Christmas gift so I hope come Dec 25 weather is suitably grim for him to enjoy it!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:26:04 PM by Martin G »

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »
I'm giving BS points for coming close, though. Best thing they've put out in while IMO.

I saw the Ben Sherman Harrington/Mac and tried it on the other day having seen it on here. Done up to the neck it does indeed look the business but aside from that just doesn't work in my opinion. They were flogging off their 'Macs' from last season for 62 from about 120 these are a 'shortie' thing in Nylon not too differnt to the Gibson. Although not quite for me my Uncle, a 1960s 'Original' got one from us as an early Christmas gift so I hope come Dec 25 weather is suitably grim for him to enjoy it!!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."