Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 457176 times)

Steve McKing

• "Life is too short to wear s**t clothes"
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #590 on: December 14, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
^^^Yes, CPOs are pretty easy to come by. I would suggest visiting an Army surplus or an American Vintage store. They're in abundance in these sort of shops and pretty cheap too.
I'm wearing a nice 1950s, US made number today as a matter of fact.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 14, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
CPO shirts ?

Chief Petty Officer shirts??
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 14, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
CPO shirts ?

Yep, CPO.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 14, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
CPO shirts ?

Yep, CPO.

Obviously not an item worn by British CPO's , so l take it , this was something worn by the shermans. .

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 14, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
CPO shirts ?

Yep, CPO.

Obviously not an item worn by British CPO's , so l take it , this was something worn by the shermans. .
More Americana to be honest Simon. From the late 1930s and through WWII the CPO shirt was standard issue to Chief Petty Officers of the US Navy. Although referred to as a shirt, this garment could be more accurately described as a shirt-jacket due to its substantial material content and construction:
http://www.vintagetrends.com/vintage/thumbnails.asp?MC=Vintage&CA=men&SC=jackets%2Fcoats&ST=CPO+Jacket

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 14, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »
CPO shirts ?

Yep, CPO.

More Americana to be honest Simon. From the late 1930s and through WWII the CPO shirt was standard issue to Chief Petty Officers of the US Navy. Although referred to as a shirt, this garment could be more accurately described as a shirt-jacket due to its substantial material content and construction:
http://www.vintagetrends.com/vintage/thumbnails.asp?MC=Vintage&CA=men&SC=jackets%2Fcoats&ST=CPO+Jacket

Aye , an overshirt. .

Vintage Trends are good . I recently got a coat from them for my son , however despite the fact that the VT guys had written "gift" on the contents section , I still got hammered with import duty and along with the postage it accounted for nearly half the final value of the order. .

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 14, 2014, 08:57:10 PM »
CPO shirts ?

Yep, CPO.

Aye , an overshirt. .

Vintage Trends are good . I recently got a coat from them for my son , however despite the fact that the VT guys had written "gift" on the contents section , I still got hammered with import duty and along with the postage it accounted for nearly half the final value of the order. .

Oh yes, import tax.
I'm sure some of the rates I've paid over the years has depended on what mood whoever it is who decides them is in.
Still, unfortunately for me and my bank balance, my finicky tastes in clothing has never stopped me from paying these rates. If I gotta have it, I gotta have it.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 14, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »
Unfortunately , I know exactly what you are talking about , Steve. .  :-\

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 15, 2014, 12:32:23 AM »
CPO shirts ?

Yep, CPO.

They look very like Pendleton board shirts.

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 15, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »
I like the navy blue CPO that started this off but all the rest are a bit lumberjackey for my tastes.
Timbeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!
Life is too short to listen to s**t music