Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 433515 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #770 on: May 21, 2015, 08:53:24 AM »
Sometimes you can't tell them from a windcheater or a Harrington. Hybrids usually don't work, be it on aesthetic and/or practical terms. The ultra-short macs in vogue nowadays are a case in point. Truth is I don't like them below the knee, but that's only 'cos longer macs look ridiculous on a fairly short gentleman.

Steve McKing

• "Life is too short to wear s**t clothes"
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 21, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »
I'm getting really sick of seeing macs in striking colours and then finding that they are barely longer than a blazer.
I realise there isn't much of a market for ankle length duster coats right now, but if the main purpose of a mac is to protect you from rain, let it at least cover SOME of the bottom half, otherwise I might as well not bother. At least half way to the knees or I'm out. Shame really.

But the only reason for a mac is to look good right?
I mean, who said a mac was a utility item specifically designed to protect one's better clothes from the outside dribble?

You'll find that if you're in the market for one of these short macs the weather and what it has got to chuck at you is the last thing on your mind.
I personally have an old London Fog jobby that more or less reaches the fricking floor.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 21, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
I'm getting really sick of seeing macs in striking colours and then finding that they are barely longer than a blazer.
I realise there isn't much of a market for ankle length duster coats right now, but if the main purpose of a mac is to protect you from rain, let it at least cover SOME of the bottom half, otherwise I might as well not bother. At least half way to the knees or I'm out. Shame really.

But the only reason for a mac is to look good right?
I mean, who said a mac was a utility item specifically designed to protect one's better clothes from the outside dribble?

You'll find that if you're in the market for one of these short macs the weather and what it has got to chuck at you is the last thing on your mind.
I personally have an old London Fog jobby that more or less reaches the fricking floor.

I think you are spot on there , young Steve . .

Personally , I have two ,one is of the traditional Harry Palmer type , from Jeff Banks and a black one from Ted Baker , for clandestine operations , obviously. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 22, 2015, 08:21:34 PM »
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 22, 2015, 08:48:15 PM »
One of these days I'm going to have to break into your house while you're asleep Trots, and surreptitiously inject you with the secret antidote to cure of this affliction you have for bicycle-toed footwear.

lammyrider

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 23, 2015, 02:15:37 AM »
Says the button down-aphobe ;-)

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 23, 2015, 09:18:04 AM »
One of these days I'm going to have to break into your house while you're asleep Trots, and surreptitiously inject you with the secret antidote to cure of this affliction you have for bicycle-toed footwear.

While you're in can you do a bit of washing up?
And whatever you do don't wake the kids.
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 23, 2015, 07:35:04 PM »
Says the button down-aphobe ;-)

:D Check the blog, the ice has been broken!

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 23, 2015, 07:36:01 PM »

While you're in can you do a bit of washing up?
And whatever you do don't wake the kids.

:D Fine, but I don't do windows!

Steve McKing

• "Life is too short to wear s**t clothes"
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 23, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »

;D