Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 436577 times)

Steve McKing

• "Life is too short to wear s**t clothes"
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #780 on: May 23, 2015, 09:13:25 PM »
I like these Suede boots. Nice stitching.

http://www.arthurknightshoes.co.uk/arthur-knight-shoes/1947/brown-suede-mens-italian-chelsea-boots

Just out of interest Trotsky, do you own any footwear other than a chelsea boot?
Also, I would don a pair of f*cking Crocs or even worse Doc Martins if it would prevent Rod creeping around my house at night.

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 23, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »
For smart wear no, just boots. A pair of black leather chukkas is the nearest I get. Obviously walking boots, sandals and trainers for function but I do like me boots.

Come on though, they are a tasty pair of suedes.
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 23, 2015, 09:44:00 PM »
Hmmm, I like the box they come in.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 23, 2015, 09:53:40 PM »
You better lock up your kegs drawer Steve!

Brown suede Chelseas are something I've been pondering for a while, I'm just half-looking in case I see the perfect pair. These ones are a nice colour but I really don't like the way the seams go. I dunno who came up with the idea to make bicycle toed shoes but they're not at all flattering to me. They seemed to be everywhere a few years ago but maybe they're on the decline now.

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 23, 2015, 09:54:07 PM »
From Rodsblog:

"Some Americans, either through sloppiness or slavishness to a fad, don’t even bother to fasten the collar leaf buttons. Brooks-type button-down shirts also usually come with a pocket on the left chest, something I find completely pointless, and they became a lynchpin of the ‘uniform of the unimaginative’ which I mentioned in a previous post about business casual.  Also that ubiquitous pale blue Oxford cloth does no favours to a light-skinned blondie like me, and the unstitched open box pleat at the yolk may provide the perfect flare for someone whose waist is wider than their chest but that particular pear-shaped morphology group doesn’t include me."

;D

"It may have seemed like a small step but it’s always interesting to examine our prejudices and make adjustments."

Bravely done that chap. (Though I think French cuffs would have finished it off proper  ;))
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 23, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »
You better lock up your kegs drawer Steve!

Brown suede Chelseas are something I've been pondering for a while, I'm just half-looking in case I see the perfect pair. These ones are a nice colour but I really don't like the way the seams go. I dunno who came up with the idea to make bicycle toed shoes but they're not at all flattering to me. They seemed to be everywhere a few years ago but maybe they're on the decline now.

Rod, you better make sure you've had your jabs before you go rifling through my kegs... It's nasty... Real nasty.

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 23, 2015, 11:05:45 PM »
Actually, if you find yourself thumbing through my kegs I would have a good chat with yourself.

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 23, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
From Rodsblog:

"Some Americans, either through sloppiness or slavishness to a fad, don’t even bother to fasten the collar leaf buttons. Brooks-type button-down shirts also usually come with a pocket on the left chest, something I find completely pointless, and they became a lynchpin of the ‘uniform of the unimaginative’ which I mentioned in a previous post about business casual.  Also that ubiquitous pale blue Oxford cloth does no favours to a light-skinned blondie like me, and the unstitched open box pleat at the yolk may provide the perfect flare for someone whose waist is wider than their chest but that particular pear-shaped morphology group doesn’t include me."

;D

"It may have seemed like a small step but it’s always interesting to examine our prejudices and make adjustments."

Bravely done that chap. (Though I think French cuffs would have finished it off proper  ;))

Surely a french cuff with a BD is an oxymoron?
It's like mixing a chelsea boot with a shell suit.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 24, 2015, 01:40:41 AM »
We've been through this before Steve. It's not unheard of but not common. I've even seen a pic of Cary Grant thus attired. I agree it's a bit of a contradiction but Trotters gets a lot of his clobber tailor made and it's a particular idiosyncrasy of his, which is all good really.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:27:17 AM by Rod »

Steve McKing

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2015, 05:56:11 AM »
We've been through this before Steve. It's not unheard of but not common. I've even seen a pic of Cary Grant thius attired. I agree it's a bit of a contradiction but Trotters gets a lot of his clobber tailor made and it's a particular idiosyncrasy of his, which is all good really.

...a mod trait if you like Rod, yes I am aware of mod's creative mix and match approach.