Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 436630 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1000 on: March 29, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »
The long sleeves striped number is Ace, in my humble opinion , at any rate. .

Good find Snr Sydney. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 29, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »
Yes, it's not easy for us, tiny folks, to find small tops in just the right lenght, I admit this one is a bit long.

The best knitwear for length I have procured came from either GAP or Claudius . .both were good quality too tho' the GAP merino gear was always procured in the sales . . :D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 30, 2016, 08:38:52 AM »
Good shout, Simon. I'll take a look at El Corte Ingles, as they're selling GAP gear since some weeks ago. Is Claudius a british brand? I hadn't heard from them, the only Claudio I know in the trade is our beloved mr. Rossi  8).

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 30, 2016, 09:53:25 AM »
Talking of Claudio I just snagged that purple linen blazer from DNA. It's at the tailor right now being tweaked but I can't wait to get it out in the wild. Quality is great and fit pretty close to optimal for me. Stay tuned for upcoming pics.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 31, 2016, 10:13:37 PM »
Good shout, Simon. I'll take a look at El Corte Ingles, as they're selling GAP gear since some weeks ago. Is Claudius a british brand? I hadn't heard from them, the only Claudio I know in the trade is our beloved mr. Rossi  8).

Yes that is he. All round good egg and first class distributor of Mod Cloth . .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 01, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »
Back to the track...

One of the most elusive items in my wardrobe "wants" list have been a pair of Chelsea shoes, ie, a very low pair of Chelseas, akin to those Long John Baldry is sporting in his first LP cover. While I own a suede pair that resembles them (though they're still too boot-like to be perfect, I'm afraid), I'm always on the lookout for the real thing. These Guidi shoes are almost there, minus the round toe. I wouldn't mind grabbing me a pair, tho', if it wasn't for the 700 they command:

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 01, 2016, 12:47:10 PM »
Clark's and Hardy Amie's did a collaboration on a Chelsea boot....and a low top shoe version...might be worth looking at.
Initials B.B.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 01, 2016, 12:52:50 PM »
Ha! Another hybrid item from Syd.
When I was a little lad in the early seventies these were very popular as school shoes. I had a couple of pairs of 'Clarks Commandoes' - one smooth one brogued.
They came with a little book telling you some tips about the outdoors - how to make a bonfire, leave signals, find north using your watch or the North Star, keep warm by putting your feet in your ruck sack etc.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 02, 2016, 12:51:25 PM »
Ha! Another hybrid item from Syd.
When I was a little lad in the early seventies these were very popular as school shoes. I had a couple of pairs of 'Clarks Commandoes' - one smooth one brogued.
They came with a little book telling you some tips about the outdoors - how to make a bonfire, leave signals, find north using your watch or the North Star, keep warm by putting your feet in your ruck sack etc.

The Clarks Commandos had a wee compass under the insole at the heel.

So if ye wur lost in the wilderness ye had tae take yir shoe off n' stand oan yin leg tae work oot whit way tae go.

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 02, 2016, 08:23:51 PM »
Grey suede trucker jacket 325 from Reiss. If you like a tactile facet to your clothes then this is for you. As soft as a very soft thing. I was in their Regents street shop today and had a feel as I went past. If I was ever to get a grey jacket this would be the one.
https://www.reiss.com/p/suede-jacket-mens-bastian-in-grey/?category_id=10394

However, this is the jacket I fell in love with today (225). It looks much better on than in the pictures here. They do the same jacket in dark blue which is also gorgeous but I already have a dark blue jacket and I can't justify the buy (yet). When I tried it on I got the same feeling as Harry Potter in the wand shop. The jacket chooses the man.
https://www.reiss.com/p/zipfront-jacket-mens-horizon-in-brick/?category_id=217

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:26:14 PM by Trotsky »
Life is too short to listen to s**t music