Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 433490 times)

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1110 on: July 15, 2016, 09:12:02 AM »
On the subject of 4 button knitwear, I'm really drawn to this, but will have to take a gamble that they still have it in my size when they have their Summer sale:

Here you go Steve - 50% off if you're a size 40

http://www.bbclothing.co.uk/en-gb/fred-perry-re-issues-light-ecru-striped-knitted-polo-shirt-ss16k8115760.html

Thanks Mark, yes 40" is my size, just off to check my bank balance :-)

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 15, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »
 ;D Just enough to cover this one. Appreciate the heads up! This is why I love this place 

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 15, 2016, 10:30:03 AM »
Nice looking bit of kit that Fred Peril! I can't justify it really as I have a very similar but not quite so tasty looking polo from J Crew otherwise od jump on myself.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 24, 2016, 12:37:30 PM »
Liking the new Le Coq Sportif's "Revival" collection (yeah, bit of an obvious name, but the garments are nice). I saw part of it some days ago in one of their french stores, not the one pictured below but a sweater with the same vertical hoops, and it looks the part. A bit on the expensive side, though.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
mod in Detroit

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 24, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 30, 2016, 05:44:11 PM »
Not usually a fan of Nigel Cabourn garments, that workwear chic thing doesn't do much for me. But there are always interesting pieces in his seasonal collaborations with Fred Perry. Case in point this sweater, with a nice early 60s t-birds vibe:

COS is an uneven brand too, its aesthetic scandinavian asceticism bordering on the bland & boring most often than not, but I really like this cardi, texture reminds me of the old mohair/alpaca cardigans (difficult to find nowadays, even in the vintage market), and the one button detail is appealing. Even the pairing with a roll neck top is alright with me:

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 30, 2016, 08:45:19 PM »
Not fussed on that COS number, sidney, looks to me like a 70s imagining of clothing of the future, but I do like that Nigel Cabourn/Fred Perry jumper
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
Not fussed on that COS number, sidney, looks to me like a 70s imagining of clothing of the future, but I do like that Nigel Cabourn/Fred Perry jumper

Well put, doc! But the cardi still reminds me more of a 60s than a 70s futuristic design (70s space age designs were in fact busy and gaudy as opposite to simple and minimalist lines; just remember David Bowie's outfits!)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 31, 2016, 10:43:03 AM »

Well put, doc! But the cardi still reminds me more of a 60s than a 70s futuristic design (70s space age designs were in fact busy and gaudy as opposite to simple and minimalist lines; just remember David Bowie's outfits!)
I think it's the White on Grey that's giving you that "Space Age" vibe ...
mod in Detroit