Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 436653 times)

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1120 on: August 31, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »
Not fussed on that COS number, sidney, looks to me like a 70s imagining of clothing of the future, but I do like that Nigel Cabourn/Fred Perry jumper

Well put, doc! But the cardi still reminds me more of a 60s than a 70s futuristic design (70s space age designs were in fact busy and gaudy as opposite to simple and minimalist lines; just remember David Bowie's outfits!)

Good point re 70s gaudiness, sidney; wrong era, but the sentiment remains.  ;)
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 31, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »
Not fussed on that COS number, sidney, looks to me like a 70s imagining of clothing of the future, but I do like that Nigel Cabourn/Fred Perry jumper

Well put, doc! But the cardi still reminds me more of a 60s than a 70s futuristic design (70s space age designs were in fact busy and gaudy as opposite to simple and minimalist lines; just remember David Bowie's outfits!)
I think it's the White on Grey that's giving you that "Space Age" vibe ...

That's it, Mike, makes me think of Logan's Run, Space 1999 or even Star Wars!!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 31, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »
Sorry to be a TV Geek but I am what I am. The vibe I think you guys are seeing is LOST IN SPACE for the Fred Perry and Jeff Tracy in THUNDERBIRDS for the cardigan thing.

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 31, 2016, 03:06:40 PM »
Sorry to be a TV Geek but I am what I am. The vibe I think you guys are seeing is LOST IN SPACE for the Fred Perry and Jeff Tracy in THUNDERBIRDS for the cardigan thing.

Is that what the 'G' stands for, Martin???  ;)

I never really watched Lost in space, but I can definitely see where you're coming from with the Thunderbirds!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 31, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »
Google John Robinson LOST IN SPACE or indeed any of the cast and you'll see what I mean

Can't post an image at work I'm afraid and yeah Geek works as does Gimp!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 31, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »
That's exactly what I meant, fellas! Thanks Martin, I share your fondness for the Thunderbirds & other 60s tv shows. I know Lost in Space too, but I'm not sure if it was aired on spanish TV back then. Here's a telling image:

RE the cardigan, I'll take a look in our local COS store and try it in the flesh, with this kind of jackets the fit has to be perfect to work.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 31, 2016, 04:24:08 PM »
... And for those non-believers in the sartorial excellence of the Thunderbirds here's something to think about...

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/thunderbirds-tv-show-menswear-style

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 31, 2016, 05:49:11 PM »
Spot on Greenstreet! Exactly the sort of image I'd have used to illustrate the styling. All jokes aside though the early 1960s Gerry Anderson puppet shows really did have a 'Mod' style to much of what the puppets wore as well as other aspects. All of which will be discussed in depth in the new Tony Beesley book MOJO TALKING!

http://modernistsociety.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/talking-under-influence-of-mod.html

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:11 PM »
Spot on Greenstreet! Exactly the sort of image I'd have used to illustrate the styling. All jokes aside though the early 1960s Gerry Anderson puppet shows really did have a 'Mod' style to much of what the puppets wore as well as other aspects. All of which will be discussed in depth in the new Tony Beesley book MOJO TALKING!

http://modernistsociety.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/talking-under-influence-of-mod.html

It was certainly the added appeal of these shows back in the day as were the original Avengers . As for Dr Zackary Smith , l could quite happily have punched him , back in the day . . :D
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 01, 2016, 12:50:01 AM »
... And for those non-believers in the sartorial excellence of the Thunderbirds here's something to think about...

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/thunderbirds-tv-show-menswear-style

There will be quite a few oan here that take The Hood as inspiration fur thir hairstyle n'aw.