Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 433496 times)

bjorn_late

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2013, 09:27:37 PM »
Looks to me like they took jacket that was too large for the wearer and moved the top two buttons over a bit along a diagonal line to make it slimmer. I think it looks like a hack someone would do at home to get a vintage jacket to fit them without visiting a tailor for proper alteration.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:30:01 PM by bjorn_late »

TomP

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2013, 07:26:55 AM »
The jacket? Not sure about it, a quirky design detail added for the sake of it?
Or a clever detail that sets it apart from a lot of other jackets out there??
Not sure.

Fair point. But I think it stays on the right side of acceptable. If it was some "S" curve or "zig-zag" or something, then maybe it would stray into the "quirky" territory. As it is, it could almost go unnoticed.

As for the shirt, tie and pocket square combo, I've been blocking all that out with my two thumbs!
I agree, I think it creates that subtle 'there's something a bit different but I can't quite put my finger on it' feeling in people that sets the wearer apart. I love the look of the fabric, very swish. The thumbs trick works a blinder too!

Bobby Charlton

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2013, 09:01:05 AM »
The jacket? Not sure about it, a quirky design detail added for the sake of it?
Or a clever detail that sets it apart from a lot of other jackets out there??
Not sure.

Fair point. But I think it stays on the right side of acceptable. If it was some "S" curve or "zig-zag" or something, then maybe it would stray into the "quirky" territory. As it is, it could almost go unnoticed.

As for the shirt, tie and pocket square combo, I've been blocking all that out with my two thumbs!
I agree, I think it creates that subtle 'there's something a bit different but I can't quite put my finger on it' feeling in people that sets the wearer apart. I love the look of the fabric, very swish. The thumbs trick works a blinder too!
It does indeed, I also agree about the fabric, it does look very nice.

NorthStar

• Not so grim up north
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »
The new Uniqlo striped T shirts look good for the money - similar to last years LVC 60 inspired Ts.

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/076783

Would look great with white jeans and a pair of Jack Purcell's.

Bobby Charlton

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
The new Uniqlo striped T shirts look good for the money - similar to last years LVC 60 inspired Ts.

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/076783

Would look great with white jeans and a pair of Jack Purcell's.
Urgh! You had to post that didn't you... I'm broke already this month and there goes another few quid on Uniqlo t-shirts.

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »

Forgot to add that this is 100% linen from Uniqlo for £30. No idea about the fit etc, just liked the look of the material and thought it would make an idea shirt to team with a pair of shorts at the beach.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:07:45 PM by Red Steve »

Bobby Charlton

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2013, 08:15:26 AM »

Forgot to add that this is 100% linen from Uniqlo for £30. No idea about the fit etc, just liked the look of the material and thought it would make an idea shirt to team with a pair of shorts at the beach.
The check's lovely isn't it Steve, very nice.

charliebravo69

• Modernist, Cyclist, Pissartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »