Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 457159 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1200 on: October 05, 2016, 09:43:47 AM »
A mate put me on the track of Barqet, a Madrid's footwear brand that offers casual shoes made in Spain at very reasonable prices. The models I like look like a cross between dessies and Playboys; the shoes in particular remind me of early 60s Hush Puppies classics. Thoughts?

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 05, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »
Prefer the boots to the shoes.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 05, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
Me too, Steve, but the boots department of my wardrobe is well stocked at the moment  8)

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 05, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »
I'm sure one more pair won't hurt :-)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 05, 2016, 04:59:06 PM »
Me too, Steve, but the boots department of my wardrobe is well stocked at the moment  8)

I'd do it.
Then again, I'm pretty irresponsible ;D

Besides, you may need them "later", and then they won't be available. (This is one of my fav justifications...)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 05, 2016, 05:14:37 PM »
You, couple of tempters!  ;D. But you have a point, Mike, I've regretted many times not buying something when I had the chance.

Bingo Accent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 05, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »
Not my cup of tea, but this just popped up on my Facebook feed - might appeal to some on here...

https://www.etsy.com/es/shop/Drwatsonshoemaker

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 05, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »
Not my cup of tea, but this just popped up on my Facebook feed - might appeal to some on here...

https://www.etsy.com/es/shop/Drwatsonshoemaker

I quite like the Marriott and the beige bowling shoe style. Comparable prices to Claudio, but does anybody have any experience? I'm looking at you, sidney!!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 06, 2016, 10:25:40 AM »
Too flashy for me, doc, tbh, the bowling shoes look decent but that's it.

That said, tho' I have no experience with them and so I can't vouch for the quality, the guy seems to be located in Almansa, a La Mancha town with a illustrious tradition of shoemaking, I'd say that half of the quality footwear that's made in Spain nowadays is made there, Majorca (and to a lesser extent, Alicante and Andalusia) being the other spanish hub of footwear production.

Some spanish shoemakers that are moving in that price range -mermeen, Vidal Fernández, Castellanos, LG- offer a higher-than-average quality, think Loake, I bet that's the case with DrWatson.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 06, 2016, 10:51:01 AM »
Too flashy for me, doc, tbh, the bowling shoes look decent but that's it.

That said, tho' I have no experience with them and so I can't vouch for the quality, the guy seems to be located in Almansa, a La Mancha town with a illustrious tradition of shoemaking, I'd say that half of the quality footwear that's made in Spain nowadays is made there, Majorca (and to a lesser extent, Alicante and Andalusia) being the other spanish hub of footwear production.

Some spanish shoemakers that are moving in that price range -mermeen, Vidal Fernández, Castellanos, LG- offer a higher-than-average quality, think Loake, I bet that's the case with DrWatson.

I agree re most being a bit too 'pimptastic', sidney, but the bowling shoes are nice. Must admit to being tempted, might send the link to Mrs B with Xmas in mind!! Thanks for the background, too, sounds like one could probably buy with a degree of confidence given their location and the shoe-making heritage of the area.
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot