Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 468314 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1210 on: October 06, 2016, 07:39:25 PM »
Too flashy for me, doc, tbh, the bowling shoes look decent but that's it.

That said, tho' I have no experience with them and so I can't vouch for the quality, the guy seems to be located in Almansa, a La Mancha town with a illustrious tradition of shoemaking, I'd say that half of the quality footwear that's made in Spain nowadays is made there, Majorca (and to a lesser extent, Alicante and Andalusia) being the other spanish hub of footwear production.

Some spanish shoemakers that are moving in that price range -mermeen, Vidal Fernández, Castellanos, LG- offer a higher-than-average quality, think Loake, I bet that's the case with DrWatson.

Ah yes , Man of La Mancha . .is it Miguel. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 07, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »
If you mean Miguel de Cervantes, oddly he wasn't born in La Mancha but in Alcalá de Henares; not too far, anyway.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 08, 2016, 10:28:13 AM »
If you mean Miguel de Cervantes, oddly he wasn't born in La Mancha but in Alcalá de Henares; not too far, anyway.

Indeed mi hermano , great story but why is he referred to as the Man of La Mancha . .

Incidently, I watched the film again recently . . 8)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 08, 2016, 04:23:34 PM »
Nah, the Man of La Mancha is his (literary) son, Don Quixote, joy and pride of spanish Literature. Would you believe I haven't seen the film? Some months ago, the Broadway musical on which it's based had a run here in a number of cities, but starring spanish actors, of course.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 09, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »
Back to the thread, I like this harrington jacket with racing stripes, it's got that Steve McQueen vibe. Not so sure about the Neighbourhood logo, tho'; besides, it's even more expensive than a G9:

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: October 09, 2016, 11:04:51 PM »
Nah, the Man of La Mancha is his (literary) son, Don Quixote, joy and pride of spanish Literature. Would you believe I haven't seen the film? Some months ago, the Broadway musical on which it's based had a run here in a number of cities, but starring spanish actors, of course.

In the film , Cervantes is imprisoned by Torquemada and he then becomes Don Quixote in order to relay the story . .

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 10, 2016, 03:42:28 PM »
Back to the thread, I like this harrington jacket with racing stripes, it's got that Steve McQueen vibe. Not so sure about the Neighbourhood logo, tho'; besides, it's even more expensive than a G9:

Nice looking jacket, but those two logos/badges would have to come off immediately, plus if it's more than a G9 ... OUCH!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 10, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »

In the film , Cervantes is imprisoned by Torquemada and he then becomes Don Quixote in order to relay the story . .

The old Hollywood motto: Don't let historical facts get in the way of a good script!  ;)

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 10, 2016, 09:01:54 PM »

The old Hollywood motto: Don't let historical facts get in the way of a good script!  ;)

Don't let that put you off tho' , you still get to see Peter O'Toole and Sophia Loren sing the Impossible Dream. . ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 11, 2016, 09:22:35 AM »

Don't let that put you off tho' , you still get to see Peter O'Toole and Sophia Loren sing the Impossible Dream. . ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love classic Hollywood's fantasies, and after all it's a musical. As Maxwell Scott has it in The man who shot Liberty Valance: "... Print the legend".