Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 468293 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1230 on: October 20, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »
I'm afraid you're right, Rod, I've got a pair of beautiful Quoc Pham cycling shoes that languish in the closet, hardly entering my shoes' rotation these days. I used to wear them oten with jeans but I eventually got tired of them.

Ady C

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 20, 2016, 10:28:33 AM »
I put 2 T-shirts in my basket on Itailor and the postage had no discount so it was going to be 12 which is a bit steep. I have emailed them so hopefully they will be discounted.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
And will you shorten the sleeves, love? I'm not a gorilla.

DanDy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 20, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »
There's been a few very tasty looking bike shoes pictured on here. I might have said before - they pay a passing resemblance to some bowling shoes I hunted for for ages till I finally got them ... then never wore them. I struggle to think of a single outfit where either gazelles, dessies or driving mocs aren't a better choice. Does anyone have bowling or bike shoes? What kind of outfit do you wear them with, aside from biking and bowling?

I have a couple of pairs of Swear/Fred Perry collaboration bowling shoes, not worn them for a long time but have in the past worn them with jeans or with trousers, they are pretty understated as far as bowling shoes go so you can get away with smart or casual.

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 26, 2016, 12:34:53 PM »
I like the look of some of the vintage shoes...the Quoc Pham ones are very nice, but like others have mentioned I can't  see me actually wearing them, and as they are a vintage look, I'd need to buy another bike. Until then I'll stick with these..

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 26, 2016, 09:10:30 PM »
Nice shoes , RS . I like Northwave, tho' I usually end up buying Sidi , however I'm using these at the moment. .

I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

leeboy

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 28, 2016, 01:05:36 PM »
Quite like the look of these, red white and blue ones especially, not sure on price - may wait for a sale.

https://www.adaptorclothing.com/products/adaptor-zip-cardi-118-adaptor-clothing-retro-mod-made-in-italy-merino-wool-zip-thru-cardigan.html

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 28, 2016, 03:18:43 PM »
Quite like the mustard one, Lee. AC sale is normally in January
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Corduroy Underground

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 28, 2016, 04:33:04 PM »
Adapator are doing some very nice knitwear at the moment  - (that's a lovely green )- I really like those except for the stripe around the waist, which I think might draw attention to my least favourite feature.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 28, 2016, 10:24:25 PM »
Co-signing that. Nice looking - a bit like a more dressed up trackie top that would be perfect on a drafty aeroplane. Wouldn't pay 75 sovs but IIRC as Dr. G says they had 40% off in the January sales. I think I'd go for the Air Force blue one.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 29, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »
Co-signing that. Nice looking - a bit like a more dressed up trackie top that would be perfect on a drafty aeroplane. Wouldn't pay 75 sovs but IIRC as Dr. G says they had 40% off in the January sales. I think I'd go for the Air Force blue one.

Teamed wi' Biggles leather bunnet n' some aviator shades?