Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 433558 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1340 on: January 23, 2017, 08:43:16 PM »
Oh, I forgot your usual sunny weather.

Ha ha!
I suppose anything suede in the UK is a gamble, especially the old Clarks with their crepe soles... ooooh! The times I've nearly broke my neck with those!!
Indeed , on the wrong kind of surface they can be lethal . .I blame train stations . . >:(
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Steve McKing

• "Life is too short to wear s**t clothes"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 24, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »
Oh, I forgot your usual sunny weather.

Ha ha!
I suppose anything suede in the UK is a gamble, especially the old Clarks with their crepe soles... ooooh! The times I've nearly broke my neck with those!!
Indeed , on the wrong kind of surface they can be lethal . .I blame train stations . . >:(

Yes, any surface like that, you can be clinging to the walls in order to make it to a rougher surface.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 29, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
I'm pretty impressed with some garments by italian knitwear brand Relive. While the bulk of their collections holds no interest whatsoever for this parish (pretentious modern hipster fare), some their ss 2016 range is stunning, with a well channeled retro influence that nails the Thunderbirds' look.  Not everything is available a year later, but you can find a couple of the numbers below in yoox for a reasonable price. I would get me the white short sleeve top with the chevron design without hesitation, but unfortunately it's not in my size  :'(

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:13 PM »
Do like the look of some of those. As you say certainly a bit of a THUNDERBIRDS or LOST IN SPACE type of thing going on mate.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:42 PM »
Another good find , Sydney. The short sleeved hooped number reminds me of the cycling tops of yore. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 30, 2017, 10:45:29 AM »
Yes, the cycling jerseys' vibe is there too. These are the kind of tops JSmedley should be doing, instead of the increasingly boring garments of last seasons.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 30, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
Yes, the cycling jerseys' vibe is there too. These are the kind of tops JSmedley should be doing, instead of the increasingly boring garments of last seasons.

Hopefully better quality too.
Not stuck in the 60's

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:23 AM »
What size are you Martin?
I'm thinking sale or swap here. I mean it would be a shame if you didn't wear it and the moths got to it when you know someone who would give it a loving home!

Rod,i have a white FP jacket that i would be willing to sell,its a large,so been to big for me for years,let me know if you are still keen,cheers.

You've got mail Bill!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 10, 2017, 12:06:12 PM »
A couple of pieces spotted in the mr Porter's site.

First, cotton top by Moncler:

Not a fan of shearling/leather coats, but I'd wear this beauty without a second thought...

... if someone gave it to me as a present, that is, as the price tag approaches the 5.000 mark.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 10, 2017, 01:14:49 PM »
Do like the top mate. Very nice. I don't wear leather myself, aside from under garments and 'fun wear' of course, but that is a nice looking coat. As ever I get the vibe of Iron Curtain baddies in '60s spy shows and if this were black Captain Black from CAPTAIN SCARLET.