Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 468290 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1350 on: February 10, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
I don't wear leather myself, aside from under garments and 'fun wear' of course,

:o :o  ;D ;D

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 10, 2017, 03:09:55 PM »
One of the few absolutely non Mod items I have is a leather car coat a bit like that but shorter in black pebble grain with a zip out quilt lining. I think I last wore it when I went home at Christmas 2008. If I had my time over I'd probably get a US navy pea coat instead but I'm not in cold weather often enough to justify it.
(Love that 'east European Cold War baddie / Captain Black' reference!)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 10, 2017, 08:58:16 PM »
Do like the top mate. Very nice. I don't wear leather myself, aside from under garments and 'fun wear' of course, but that is a nice looking coat. As ever I get the vibe of Iron Curtain baddies in '60s spy shows and if this were black Captain Black from CAPTAIN SCARLET.

You do like your tv shows , Martin. I always thought Captain Black looked cool back in the day and a few years ago I watched Captain Scarlet again with my son and I still thought Black looked like a cool customer. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 11, 2017, 01:41:54 AM »

Not a fan of shearling/leather coats, but I'd wear this beauty without a second thought...

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 11, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »
That's the one. Spot on. Nice shot of him too. Yeah old 1960s TV and film is an obsession for me and the whole thing with the clothes and music of that period ties in together for me. Talking of such things below is a link to Tony's new book. I was asked to contribute a chapter on the relationship beween Modernism throughout the years and television and film. The earliest days of the scene emerging in the late 1950s right through to the 'Revival' are covered with extensive sections on many of the films and shows oft discussed here such as the Gerry Anderson shows, THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., THE PRISONER and THE AVENGERS.
http://www.tonybeesleymodworld.co.uk/mojo-talkin

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:22:45 AM by Martin G »

Steve McKing

• "Life is too short to wear s**t clothes"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 11, 2017, 12:05:35 PM »

Not a fan of shearling/leather coats, but I'd wear this beauty without a second thought...

I forgot how ill Cpt. Black looked!
Captain Smack more like...

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 11, 2017, 01:01:10 PM »
He was actually meant to be under the control of The Mysterons. A zombie of sorts hence the look. Captain Scarlet did actually advertise the kids breakfast cereal SUGAR SMACKS back in the 1960s though so there was a definite connection going on!!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 11, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »
He was actually meant to be under the control of The Mysterons. A zombie of sorts hence the look. Captain Scarlet did actually advertise the kids breakfast cereal SUGAR SMACKS back in the 1960s though so there was a definite connection going on!!

I can remember Captain Scarlet on the Sugar Smacks box (along with Pertwee's Dr. Who, and I cut out a mask of Mr Sulu from Star Trek from the back of a cereal box too).

When I was in nursey school Austin Macgregor had a full Captain Scarlet outfit that I was jealous of, especially the cap with the flip dplown radio microphone. My brother had a large model of a SPV car.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 11, 2017, 04:18:29 PM »
Yep all great memories mate. Still have my hat with the flip down microphone!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 11, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
below is a link to Tony's new book. I was asked to contribute a chapter on the relationship beween Modernism throughout the years and television and film. The earliest days of the scene emerging in the late 1950s right through to the 'Revival' are covered with extensive sections on many of the films and shows oft discussed here such as the Gerry Anderson shows, THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., THE PRISONER and THE AVENGERS.
http://www.tonybeesleymodworld.co.uk/mojo-talkin

I tried to pre-order it some days ago, but something went wrong, I guess --from the "Details on pre-orders coming soon" stated in the site- that Tony is trying to make things work, I'm really eager to take a look at the book and read your contributions, Martin.