Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 457109 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1370 on: February 15, 2017, 07:48:59 PM »
Great suit Adam, is that JTG?

Syd I'll have some of that cycling top. Will have to see if they're available online or in the shops over here.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 15, 2017, 11:40:14 PM »
That's a good looking jacket (suit?), Adam.
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 16, 2017, 07:17:27 AM »
Zara's done it again, folks! Seemingly, they've rescued their retro designer from hybernation to provide us again (remember last year's batch?) with some 60s-inspired niceties for our spring wardrobe at an affordable price. My picks:

This cycling top is the only one I've seen in the flesh, and it looks nicer than the S/S 2016 one:

And my favourite: a trekkie-ish top that would make proud the entire Enterprise's crew and our beloved Thunderbirds' team:

Two things , when I go into the website there is a poncey model wearing the tops and they are not keen to say which material is used , sorry three things , they don't seem to cater for the small faces. .

. .okay , I have had to come back in . . I now see how to get the material to come up - viscose and nylon . .nah
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:22:08 AM by Simon Bond »
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 16, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »
Two things, Simon  ;)

1. Yeah, man-made fibers aplenty (like in the 60s, tbh), but the short sleeve cardigan for instance is cotton & silk, while the trekkie top is 100 % cotton.

2. Usually the Zara Medium size is a S when it comes to shoulders & chest's measurements, only (sometimes) a tad longer in the body.

Rod, the cycling top looks the part and the touch feels like a soft wool jumper.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 16, 2017, 03:22:25 PM »
Great suit Adam, is that JTG?

Syd I'll have some of that cycling top. Will have to see if they're available online or in the shops over here.

Thanks.
It is a suit but easy to wear as a separate I think if wanted.  I'm not in the habit of advertising on the forum so I don't like to say  ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
Not the greatest fan of Pretty Green, but their new capsule collaboration with John Smedley looks the part, tho' it won't win an originality prize. And those prices...

claudio

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Dna Manifattura Italiana
« Reply #1376 on: February 17, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »
Now this is an oddity. Gant Rugger are making a batch of shirts inspired in Bob Dylan's mid-60s look (his "mod" phase of sorts). Besides a fairly conventional (irregular) polka dots BD shirts, there are 2 or 3 shirts more with these strange collars -kind of a weird tab collar- that Dylan himself wore in 1966. I know there's a small british clothing company that's been making a shirt along these lines for quite some time, but they're much more expensive. Truth is I'm not sure I like them, I'd like to see the effect with a tie.

pure coincidence I am making the same style collar (bigger) in the upcomming DE ROSSI range  ... they were all the rage in the teens and twenties 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dnagroove/media/15401161_1362433240467740_4452879018724700116_n-2.jpg.html

This is a first sample done up last december

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 17, 2017, 06:40:19 PM »
Not the greatest fan of Pretty Green, but their new capsule collaboration with John Smedley looks the part, tho' it won't win an originality prize. And those prices...

Nice kit but I think l can guess the prohibative prices. . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 18, 2017, 12:52:06 AM »

Nice kit but I think l can guess the prohibative prices. . 8)

You're correct, it's typical Smedley prices...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 18, 2017, 10:03:35 AM »
Now this is an oddity. Gant Rugger are making a batch of shirts inspired in Bob Dylan's mid-60s look (his "mod" phase of sorts). Besides a fairly conventional (irregular) polka dots BD shirts, there are 2 or 3 shirts more with these strange collars -kind of a weird tab collar- that Dylan himself wore in 1966. I know there's a small british clothing company that's been making a shirt along these lines for quite some time, but they're much more expensive. Truth is I'm not sure I like them, I'd like to see the effect with a tie.

pure coincidence I am making the same style collar (bigger) in the upcomming DE ROSSI range  ... they were all the rage in the teens and twenties 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dnagroove/media/15401161_1362433240467740_4452879018724700116_n-2.jpg.html

This is a first sample done up last december

Watching your sample's pics, Claudio, the tie knot seems to protrude too much from the collar, but I think they could look nice with vintage ties, you know, the typical early 60s ties with diminutive knots, or just buttoned up and no tie (as Dylan). I didn't know that shirts were in vogue in the roaring 20s, it would be nice to see period images. BTW, does someone knows the name of the collar?