Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 433753 times)

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1380 on: February 19, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »
Sydney made the comment that the Zara stuff isn't catering for the small faces. Having perused the site, it ain't catering for the man-sized faces either!! Shame, some nice pieces in there  >:(
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 20, 2017, 11:49:48 AM »
It's all a matter of reducing production's costs, doc. Most Zara "basics" (ie, plain coloured polos or shirts) are offered in the whole size range, from S to XL, but some garments that wouldn't appeal to their average consumer come in just 2 or 3 sizes. I tried the blue short sleeves cardigan, and while it fitted me fine shoulders and chest wise, it was too long to look right on me. That said, I got me the trekkie zipped top in M, cos' the fit, while not perfect, is OK. Besides, it's made in Portugal, not Bangladesh.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 20, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »
Sydney made the comment that the Zara stuff isn't catering for the small faces. Having perused the site, it ain't catering for the man-sized faces either!! Shame, some nice pieces in there  >:(

Ah concur.

The Zara works team must be playin' withoot any centre halves.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 20, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
It's all a matter of reducing production's costs, doc. Most Zara "basics" (ie, plain coloured polos or shirts) are offered in the whole size range, from S to XL, but some garments that wouldn't appeal to their average consumer come in just 2 or 3 sizes. I tried the blue short sleeves cardigan, and while it fitted me fine shoulders and chest wise, it was too long to look right on me. That said, I got me the trekkie zipped top in M, cos' the fit, while not perfect, is OK. Besides, it's made in Portugal, not Bangladesh.
I bought 3 different styles of "Large" from Zara, all "Extra Slim Fit"  the  Portugal one fits nice with plenty of room to move, the other 2 Bangladesh shirts, too tight...coincidence?
mod in Detroit

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 21, 2017, 10:50:14 AM »
This brand's called CMMN SWDN and 90% of their stuff is overpriced crap but I like this cardi:

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 21, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
This brand's called CMMN SWDN and 90% of their stuff is overpriced crap but I like this cardi:

Again that's nice (if dear), but only seems tae go up tae a 42" chest.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 21, 2017, 07:54:12 PM »
I really should have kept my grandads clothes I would've made a fortune selling them to you lot.
Not stuck in the 60's

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 21, 2017, 11:56:01 PM »
I really should have kept my grandads clothes I would've made a fortune selling them to you lot.

OUch! ::)
mod in Detroit

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 22, 2017, 01:02:15 AM »
Harsh but fair! The lad is spot on. There's a difference between retro and retro-inspired clothing, and some of the out and out grandad s**t that's getting peddled out there!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 22, 2017, 10:52:35 AM »
I admit the line is very thin, sometimes you can even cross it (and regret it later), after all grandads' garments are conservative, "classic" stuff. But somehow instinct usually works and -hopefully- avoids that you end looking like a pensioner.