Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 457155 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1410 on: March 25, 2017, 11:16:18 AM »
It seems porridge is like the scottish paella, tho' I doubt it tastes as good as our paella!  ;)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 25, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »
It seems porridge is like the scottish paella, tho' I doubt it tastes as good as our paella!  ;)

I understand what you mean Sydney but not really that comparable as I would not have paella for my breakfast and I would not expect you to take porridge for your evening repast. . :)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 25, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »
In fact, paella is just for lunch, Simon, too heavy for supper or obviously breakfast!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 25, 2017, 09:57:24 PM »
In fact, paella is just for lunch, Simon, too heavy for supper or obviously breakfast!

Of course eating habits in Espania are a little different from sunny Escocia and whilst porridge oats were once a staple in this country , now they have become almost a delicacy. .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 26, 2017, 09:22:00 AM »
Yeah, it's odd & a bit crazy: meals we took as an everyday staple just 60 years ago become culinary fashion after a time of oblivion and suddenly command stupid prices. Man is a strange criature...

But as this thread is called "I'd wear that" and not "I'd eat that", I'll propose you some sartorial delis. I like this collab between De Marchi (italian cycling apparel brand) and Nigel Cabourn. Not so keen on the slight army vibe and of course the prices  :-[

On a different note, love the colour pattern of this Beams Plus madras number. Summer is here!

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 26, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »
Yeah, it's odd & a bit crazy: meals we took as an everyday staple just 60 years ago become culinary fashion after a time of oblivion and suddenly command stupid prices. Man is a strange criature...

But as this thread is called "I'd wear that" and not "I'd eat that", I'll propose you some sartorial delis. I like this collab between De Marchi (italian cycling apparel brand) and Nigel Cabourn. Not so keen on the slight army vibe and of course the prices  :-[

On a different note, love the colour pattern of this Beams Plus madras number. Summer is here!

Yeah I like the last one, but I would say that I'm wearing a very similar coloured long sleeve ATM.
Not stuck in the 60's

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 26, 2017, 01:12:41 PM »

I know De Marchi from their cycling association and am familiar with the pricing . .
The traditional cycling jersey's reminded me of my first cycling jersey which was a very similar style ,l must say that I do like the green one. .

On a different note , I was out cycling this morning and got a nod from a Lambretta rider coming the opposite way , I liked that . . 8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:58:25 AM by Simon Bond »

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 26, 2017, 07:45:08 PM »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 27, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
Touché!  ;D

Bingo Accent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 03, 2017, 09:46:10 PM »
Posted a piss-take from the TK Maxx 'Gold' collection in the bargains thread, but this is a maybe....

http://www.tkmaxx.com/mens-gold-label/army-green-wool-blouson-jacket/invt/37252624

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:41:08 AM by Bingo Accent »