Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 379333 times)

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #1740 on: February 08, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »
Whilst most of what is said about Ben Sherman is true, I have found their Harrington jackets to be fantastic quality for the price. At about a 1/4 of the price of Baracuta they are a great buy.

Yeah I knock about in a few Ben Sherman harringtons, they're a lot more price-worthy than a Baracuta right now.

I don't mind the odd bit of Ben Sherman, mainly the basics - got a nice zip up knitted top in the sale, but would never have bought it full price.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 11, 2018, 05:27:36 PM »
These knitted tops could well be part of the FP reissues range, but in fact they come from the other side of the pond, part of the new collection of NY designer Todd Snyder. They're made in Italy, however (and it shows in the prices)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 12, 2018, 05:13:15 PM »
Hey, Simon, maybe this cardie is more to your tastes, after all it has a nice racing vertical stripe (colour of the garment is dark green, tho' it looks like charcoal or black in the pic).

The oddest thing about this one is that it comes from a new spanish fashion brand -Duarte Madrid- that's got nothing to do with mods; in fact, only a couple or 3 of their garments grabbed my attention.

Not a cheap brand, but if someone here fancies the cardie (only in M size, I'm afraid), hurry up, they're applying 50% discounts right now (final price: 80 €)

I almost forgot it: DM manufacture most of their clothes in Turkey. I guess the fabric is wool, but oddly the website doesn't supply details about it, unlike they do with other products. 

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 12, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »
Hey, Simon, maybe this cardie is more to your tastes, after all it has a nice racing vertical stripe (colour of the garment is dark green, tho' it looks like charcoal or black in the pic).

The oddest thing about this one is that it comes from a new spanish fashion brand -Duarte Madrid- that's got nothing to do with mods; in fact, only a couple or 3 of their garments grabbed my attention.

Not a cheap brand, but if someone here fancies the cardie (only in M size, I'm afraid), hurry up, they're applying 50% discounts right now (final price: 80 €)

I almost forgot it: DM manufacture most of their clothes in Turkey. I guess the fabric is wool, but oddly the website doesn't supply details about it, unlike they do with other products.

I do like that , Sydney but I would prefer to have no pockets (Mods, eh?) . None of my cadi's have pockets on them . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 12, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »
How do you get that Cardigan for 80euro? Says 160 on the site. I like it, pockets an all!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 12, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »

I do like that , Sydney but I would prefer to have no pockets (Mods, eh?) . None of my cadi's have pockets on them . .

C'mon, Simon, pockets are very useful for shades and fags (tho' I think you got rid of those nasty vices, lol)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 12, 2018, 06:59:06 PM »

C'mon, Simon, pockets are very useful for shades and fags (tho' I think you got rid of those nasty vices, lol)
Did we not discuss this already ? I believe that pockets on a cardi make me look like an old man (the stripe would negate that to some extent). .
I get that the pockets would have a use for some. I used to like shirts with a chest pocket for keeping my ciggies in but all my smoking days are behind me now , I know I will never smoke again . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 13, 2018, 12:26:33 AM »

Did we not discuss this already ? I believe that pockets on a cardi make me look like an old man (the stripe would negate that to some extent). .
I get that the pockets would have a use for some. I used to like shirts with a chest pocket for keeping my ciggies in but all my smoking days are behind me now , I know I will never smoke again . .

A cardi wi' pockets wid entitle ye tae take up smokin' a pipe.

Probably worth considerin'.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 13, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »
How do you get that Cardigan for 80euro? Says 160 on the site. I like it, pockets an all!

Sorry Ross, I didn't see your post. Well, I think you have to enable the "español" version of the site to get the discount to work. Odd, I know, but they seem to have trouble with the english version. Anyway, I guess you can always send them an e-mail (in english) to get the discount applied. Good luck!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 13, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »

I've PM'd you, mate.