Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 382396 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2090 on: November 14, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »

I usually avoid pleated trousers, they just don't look right on me, too baggy in the waist. And denim is just suited for jeans, IMO. That said, those gurkhas look decent. I guess they'll be outageously expensive, like almost everything with the word "japanese" attached to it

Corduroy Underground

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: November 14, 2018, 02:41:50 PM »
Bizarrely enough,  saw something I might be persuaded to try on, when shopping in Sainsbury earlier...

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/GFW-Monochrome-Dogtooth-Tapered-Trouser/133610241-White

Was there for booze though.

Booze won.

It's something TU have done for Graduate Fashion Week - got in a new graduate designer for some pieces - which is quite a worthy thing for a big mainstream company like Tu / Sainsbury's to do . The same designer did this jumper, which for the price is quite nice https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/GFW-Navy-%26-Blue-Striped-Crew-Neck-Jumper/133848312-Blue?searchTerm=:newArrivals&searchProduct=

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 14, 2018, 03:56:09 PM »
Too tight for me from the calf down.

Sweater is ok though.

Same with the ghurkas,would consider them if there were more parallel leg.

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #2093 on: November 14, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »

I usually avoid pleated trousers, they just don't look right on me, too baggy in the waist. And denim is just suited for jeans, IMO. That said, those gurkhas look decent. I guess they'll be outageously expensive, like almost everything with the word "japanese" attached to it

Thatís why I thought they were suitable for this section.  Details I normally keep well away from but they look good/intriguing. 

My friend at Michael Kors tells me that double-buckled loafers will be massive in Spring.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 14, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »

Thatís why I thought they were suitable for this section.  Details I normally keep well away from but they look good/intriguing. 

My friend at Michael Kors tells me that double-buckled loafers will be massive in Spring.

I think Woody's right, I like pretty narrow bottoms, but the taper on those gurkhas is maybe a bit too much.

And I agree with you, Col, about this thread: it should host interesting, left-field clothes, not necessarily classic "mod" clobber, but it has become in fact a catch-all thread for numbers we like. I'm the first to plead guilty, maybe we should open a new topic called "Objects of desire" or "I want that" for the more conventional modernist-inspired clothes.

Double-buckled loafers have one buckle too many for me.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 15, 2018, 12:53:28 AM »

Ah take a size 11 so probably good news fur me.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 15, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »
Looking at those strides and especially those shoes I personally think we should have a thread called "I don't want that"  ;D.  I did notice on the Albert website that they do a lovely line called "Jazz Pants". These might be interesting..... :o
Just my opinion of course.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 15, 2018, 10:47:42 AM »
Looking at those strides and especially those shoes I personally think we should have a thread called "I don't want that"  ;D.  I did notice on the Albert website that they do a lovely line called "Jazz Pants". These might be interesting..... :o
Just my opinion of course.

Bloody pleats! They ruin them for me  >:(

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 16, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »
With a different sole these Fracap's shoes would be the smartest hiking footwear:

Loving their boots also:

It's better not thinking about their prices...

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 16, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
For the price, I might be tempted by those dogtooth strides for work, but they look to be very narrow at the hem. Don't mind the jumper either, truth be told
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot