Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 392828 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2140 on: January 10, 2019, 04:15:03 PM »
Sounds like a plan mate!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 10, 2019, 04:19:03 PM »
With you there Mart,lovely top but not at 150.

I'd go to 75 tops,if you want to go halfers,I'll take it from May till August,you can have it for the remainder!  ;D

Where I live, it'd be a fair deal, Woody, Martin could still wear that top for another 4 months at least (march, april, september and october).

Truth is I wouldn't pay full price for the top either, it's another one for the "sale wants" list. Problem is the things I like in the LVC range tend to fly away fast, grrrr.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 10, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »
I'd be lucky to wear it for 3 days in Glasgow never mind 3 months! :'(

Getting plenty wear out of my navy reefer coat,Loake boots and polo necks though!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 10, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »
Love this new LVC number, more of a 50s than 60s vibe really:

Dinnae mind it, but it's a wee bit American Graffiti fur ma tastes.

Excellent movie , very entertaining. .and an early Han Solo appearance. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 10, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »

As a mean greaser, if I recall it correctly.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:18 AM »

As a mean greaser, if I recall it correctly.

Nah,  he wusnae that bad hermano,  but defo a bit greasy . .

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 11, 2019, 12:56:21 AM »
With you there Mart,lovely top but not at 150.

I'd go to 75 tops,if you want to go halfers,I'll take it from May till August,you can have it for the remainder!  ;D

Where I live, it'd be a fair deal, Woody, Martin could still wear that top for another 4 months at least (march, april, september and october).

Truth is I wouldn't pay full price for the top either, it's another one for the "sale wants" list. Problem is the things I like in the LVC range tend to fly away fast, grrrr.

How's aboot a cheaper alternative?  35.

https://www.freddiesofpinewood.co.uk/mens/tops

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 11, 2019, 01:06:45 PM »
I guess given the other clobber and stuff these models have the tops look more '50s than '60s but they look decent. Certainly cheaper. Like the top lads glasses too. Nice one. Checking out their site they look to be a '50s clothing label much like the 'Mod' ones we perhaps peruse. However many of the items these guys list are actual replicas of genuine items they have in their archive as opposed to a sort of 'What Teds would wear' type of mind set some retailers have. Certainly if I were to be involved with a company doing 'Mod/60s' type male clothing I'd be looking to replicate actual bits of genuine vintage clobber using the real thing or by researching old photos and stuff.  Top marks to these guys though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:13:09 PM by Martin G »

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 11, 2019, 05:06:16 PM »
I guess given the other clobber and stuff these models have the tops look more '50s than '60s but they look decent. Certainly cheaper. Like the top lads glasses too. Nice one. Checking out their site they look to be a '50s clothing label much like the 'Mod' ones we perhaps peruse. However many of the items these guys list are actual replicas of genuine items they have in their archive as opposed to a sort of 'What Teds would wear' type of mind set some retailers have. Certainly if I were to be involved with a company doing 'Mod/60s' type male clothing I'd be looking to replicate actual bits of genuine vintage clobber using the real thing or by researching old photos and stuff.  Top marks to these guys though.
Sounds like an excellent idea , l think you could make a lot of money even if you charged 1960's prices. . 8)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 11, 2019, 06:34:48 PM »
Blimey could be a late in life career change for me then! Seriously though there are companies who cater to our taste and who do it well. Adam at JTG by his own admission goes for a late '50s to early '60s sort of vibe with an often understated style too. Art Gallery capture some of that as well. Some of the guys out on the continent also do some beautiful stuff that is authentic looking too.  However there are others out there who do loads of bloody paisley and stripes and targets and horrible shiny tin foil suits and God knows what else. The problem being that there is a large percentage of guys who follow this sort of style who go for that either through choice or poor guidance. Their main vision is to 'look like A Mod'. Again a simple post opens up the forum to all sorts of opinion and discussion.