Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 457970 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2410 on: July 17, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
A new spanish brand I hadn't heard of before. Little to do with mod really, but some nice jackets, shirts, trousers and especially knits with a retro vibe (BTW, their swimshorts are also interesting):

https://www.walkersappeal.com/

After a quick look, clothes look nice but the fit looks kind of boxy and oversized....wide leg, high wasted trousers and knit shirts that hang over the shoulder, no?
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 17, 2019, 12:26:17 PM »
A new spanish brand I hadn't heard of before. Little to do with mod really, but some nice jackets, shirts, trousers and especially knits with a retro vibe (BTW, their swimshorts are also interesting):

After a quick look, clothes look nice but the fit looks kind of boxy and oversized....wide leg, high wasted trousers and knit shirts that hang over the shoulder, no?

Fair point, Mike, it's a shame that current trends ruin some clobber that looks carefully designed in other respects. I just disagree with you in the high waisted trousers matter, hipsters era ended some time ago for me, now I like my strides medium-to-high waist, just low waisted jeans.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 17, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »

A few nice hings but the sizin' is fur midgets.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 17, 2019, 01:45:23 PM »

Fair point, Mike, it's a shame that current trends ruin some clobber that looks carefully designed in other respects. I just disagree with you in the high waisted trousers matter, hipsters era ended some time ago for me, now I like my strides medium-to-high waist, just low waisted jeans.
With the exception of my DNA trousers and Levis, everything else I wear is probably a medium height waist, I was more or less commenting on the wide waist band and wide leg of those trousers, which really look very "1940's" to me. Which from leafing thru "The Rake" seems to be a design trend in Europe now.
Plus the models look like they're "swimming" in them.
No fan of the uber-skinny, hyper tapered look myself, but that look is like the other extreme to me.
Maybe if they were a tad more tailored...?
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 17, 2019, 03:20:58 PM »

With the exception of my DNA trousers and Levis, everything else I wear is probably a medium height waist, I was more or less commenting on the wide waist band and wide leg of those trousers, which really look very "1940's" to me. Which from leafing thru "The Rake" seems to be a design trend in Europe now.
Plus the models look like they're "swimming" in them.
No fan of the uber-skinny, hyper tapered look myself, but that look is like the other extreme to me.
Maybe if they were a tad more tailored...?

Right on all accounts, Mike; as the old adage goes: Virtue is the happy medium between two extremes.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: July 17, 2019, 06:24:06 PM »

pie and mash

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: July 17, 2019, 08:32:04 PM »
Like the polo ,not keen on the pocket ........ but what is going on with the chosen model !!??? and all that old fanny about Miller sitting in the porch ?

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: July 17, 2019, 08:52:37 PM »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: July 18, 2019, 07:59:43 AM »
https://www.walkersappeal.com/collections/riviera/products/big-sur-coral?variant=12303765536854

Like this polo GS,any experience of this company?

Actually not, Woody, discovered the website by chance, I just know that their clobber is made in Spain apparently. Those polos are possibly the nicest numbers in the shop.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: July 24, 2019, 09:36:19 AM »
I love this new colour in the traditional Armor Lux cabans' (peacoats) range: