Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 497882 times)

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2570 on: December 04, 2019, 01:17:25 PM »
French brand. Maison Kitsune. Price around the 200 mark.

Indeed . A bit  pricey for an unlined,   polyester (granted it's an endangered species), monkey jaiket with that rather ponsey logo . .
Apparently,  the logo is a fox and is much coveted.  It certainly isnae coveted from where l am sitting . Maybe Paul got his through crowd funding. .

That made me giggle
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: December 04, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »

Indeed . A bit  pricey for an unlined,   polyester (granted it's an endangered species), monkey jaiket with that rather ponsey logo . .
Apparently,  the logo is a fox and is much coveted.  It certainly isnae coveted from where l am sitting . Maybe Paul got his through crowd funding. .

That made me giggle

😉🤤🌞
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: December 04, 2019, 03:41:02 PM »

The clueís in the name - Kitsune = Fox!

I couldnít tell from the pics and description if itís lined or not. Wellerís and the pics on the website appear to have some stiffness or robustness to them as if they may be lined, but there are different pics on the End website in which the size is too big for the model and it appears very flimsy and wrinkled. Thatís why Iíd prefer to try it on before going any further with this.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: December 04, 2019, 04:36:22 PM »
Thanks lads.
Iím not sure I like it $230 worth but I see they have a shop in New York. Iíll be there on Monday so might try to nip in and try one on.

We may make it home in 2020 and I could bring one of my cotton jackets but getting a nylon jacket like that would add an extra element of shower proof-ness that would be useful. I think Iíd prefer sky blue to navy.

I just did a bit of trawling for a sky blue nylon monkey jacket with contrast collar and cuffs but didnít turn anything up - anyone ever seen such a thing?

Fred Perry reissues now and then the sky/pale blue monkey jacket, in fact I've got one in that colour (not the one below, but very similar). The one below is from last year, unfortunately it seems to be sold out everywhere.

For an affordable quality alternative, and in a shade a bit lighter than navy, I'd consider the Modshoes monkey jacket, I've heard they're bang on the money and they certainly look the part:

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: December 04, 2019, 04:39:57 PM »
These are both very decent Syd but would be a near duplication of what I already own. Iím interested in the above style but in a nylon shell-suit type material which would be more useful during an inevitable English shower than a cotton tennis bomber or Harrington.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: December 04, 2019, 05:50:21 PM »
Thanks lads.
Iím not sure I like it $230 worth but I see they have a shop in New York. Iíll be there on Monday so might try to nip in and try one on.

We may make it home in 2020 and I could bring one of my cotton jackets but getting a nylon jacket like that would add an extra element of shower proof-ness that would be useful. I think Iíd prefer sky blue to navy.

I just did a bit of trawling for a sky blue nylon monkey jacket with contrast collar and cuffs but didnít turn anything up - anyone ever seen such a thing?

Fred Perry reissues now and then the sky/pale blue monkey jacket, in fact I've got one in that colour (not the one below, but very similar). The one below is from last year, unfortunately it seems to be sold out everywhere.

For an affordable quality alternative, and in a shade a bit lighter than navy, I'd consider the Modshoes monkey jacket, I've heard they're bang on the money and they certainly look the part:

Yeah , I'm with you on the Modshoes one and it does sound like value considering it does have a linning , the only thing l'm unsure on that one is the silver zip . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: December 05, 2019, 12:37:48 AM »
Real Hoxton is another option.

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 05, 2019, 03:29:33 AM »
Yup I saw those. Also very nice but also cotton so unlikely much good in a shower.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 05, 2019, 12:42:25 PM »
Sorry but just couldn't help posting this new shirt. I was too excited after trying to get it right for the last couple of years.
Reverse stripe on collar, body and cuffs. Someone might like it. Thought you should all have an exclusive as it only came in half hour ago.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: December 05, 2019, 05:37:43 PM »
Very "pop art", Adam !  8)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."