Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 595328 times)

Spectre

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2780 on: June 01, 2020, 02:10:29 PM »
I don't need to Google it, I can see it clearly on my johnson's baby shampoo, good for tootal scarves too, might work on garage floors but I'm not going to try. 😂
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:02:28 PM by Spectre »

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 01, 2020, 05:24:31 PM »
I doubt even he knew what he was talking about never mind us speculating what was going on in his addled mind. It was just the usual uninformed stream of consciousness babbling coming from him that has been so frequent itís become a new normal and sets the bar ever lower on what our expectations of leadership have become from the White House.
Hasn't lowered my expectations, Rod. The next guy that ends up in there is going to have a helluva mess to clean up...And hopefully the current "resident" ends up behind bars.

Mmmm , from what l am hearing you are more likely to see the previous resident go to prison than the current resident . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 01, 2020, 06:13:37 PM »
What a load of pure bollocks.
Where are you hearing that utter dog sh1t?

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 01, 2020, 06:27:31 PM »
I doubt even he knew what he was talking about never mind us speculating what was going on in his addled mind. It was just the usual uninformed stream of consciousness babbling coming from him that has been so frequent itís become a new normal and sets the bar ever lower on what our expectations of leadership have become from the White House.
Hasn't lowered my expectations, Rod. The next guy that ends up in there is going to have a helluva mess to clean up...And hopefully the current "resident" ends up behind bars.

Mmmm , from what l am hearing you are more likely to see the previous resident go to prison than the current resident . .

Oh please Simon. don't tell me you're buying some half baked conspiracy from the guy who's told a documented 18,000 lies and recommends vaping Lysol...
Better get back on track, now about laundering tips for Smedleys....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 06:54:01 PM by detroitmike »
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 01, 2020, 07:23:43 PM »
I don't need to Google it, I can see it clearly on my johnson's baby shampoo, good for tootal scarves too, might work on garage floors but I'm not going to try. 😂

Lol , l meant if you google it you will find that garage floor cleaner shouldn't be applied to your skin , never mind  a babies but...............................................................whatever steers yer boat l'm only trying to be helpful ( I ceratinly wouldn't put the s**t on my Smedley's either. .

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 01, 2020, 07:24:30 PM »

Oh please Simon. don't tell me you're buying some half baked conspiracy from the guy who's told a documented 18,000 lies and recommends vaping Lysol...

What does that mean?

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 01, 2020, 07:32:01 PM »

Do they have Ďwooliteí where you are Mike?
Iím no expert on the corrosive nature of various surfactants but they tout that as being gentle on the woollens. It still has SLS but is pH balanced so no alkali effects. I think woolite also used to do a special detergent for black gear to avoid it fading. No idea if that was just snake oil or if it really worked. I used it for a while back when I had a load of black gear in my wardrobe without really noticing if it worked well but I donít have much black any more so never bother with it these days. .

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 02, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »

Iím no expert on the corrosive nature of various surfactants but they tout that as being gentle on the woollens. It still has SLS but is pH balanced so no alkali effects. I think woolite also used to do a special detergent for black gear to avoid it fading. No idea if that was just snake oil or if it really worked. I used it for a while back when I had a load of black gear in my wardrobe without really noticing if it worked well but I donít have much black any more so never bother with it these days. .

Woolite or Norit are perfect for hand-washing IMO, even a non-branded soap specific for hand-washing, just don't use too much of it and everything will work fine, I've never damaged a garment by hand-washing it.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 02, 2020, 10:49:41 AM »

Yeah Rod, I use Woolite all the time, both the one for darks and regular. The Dark Woolite I use for socks and jeans, greys,... it seems to keep the jeans from fading.
I'm usually very careful about my wool items, I guess I wasn't thinking when I tossed the Smedley into the wash.
Anyway, found a useful youtube vid on repairing small holes in knits at least!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Spectre

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 02, 2020, 10:53:11 AM »

Lol , l meant if you google it you will find that garage floor cleaner shouldn't be applied to your skin , never mind  a babies but...............................................................whatever steers yer boat l'm only trying to be helpful ( I ceratinly wouldn't put the s**t on my Smedley's either. .
johnson's baby shampoo, has been around since the 50's so I'm sure they would've gone out of business by now if it wasn't safe.  Hints an tips been discussed on this and the old forums, when it had tailor's and bespoke tailored posts. Anyway time for ☕